This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gonna have to hunker down for this one

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gonna have to hunker down for this one
    Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 6:19am
Storm today could be a doozey. Forecast said 5 to 8 inches of snow, with up to 11 in some selected areas. Warning was supposed to go into affect at 7 this morning, but it already started at 5:30. Could be like the bad company, that "comes early, and stays late". A howling wind coming out of the east. Big heavy, wet snowflakes. I am hoping that none of the cows decide to calf today. Any of them that do calf, can be put in the barn, but I just really don't feel like trudging through snow covered mud to chase cows. Darrel
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 7:30am
Calving in nasty weather like that is no fun at all. Be safe if you have to get out in it. And thank Shameless and his machine for it, he could only give me a light dusting one time this winter.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 7:42am
wish you could send some this way.  we are -4inches of precip since November.  last system that rolled through the swirling eye stayed over us all night and we got less that 1/4 inch.  other places 50 miles out had and 1".  the wheat in KS is very poor this year its been so dry
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 7:43am
Darrel I think it's time we organize a mission to destroy that d$(^ machine that ole Shameless keeps sending us all this snow.  Does he not know that it's spring and the time for sunshine and warm rain.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 7:45am

Gosh Darrel,,,,I'm feelin for Ya Buddy,,,,!!! I know you are needin the moisture but I'm also wishin you could be like all the other Farmers/Ranchers all over that when weather gets like this,,,,,,they just sit around them huge living rooms, lookin out them huge picture windows and sippin some good whiskey while sittin by the fire and,,,,and,,,lookin thru them books bout where the next auction is gonna be,,,,,sigh,,,,sigh,,,,,
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 7:50am
Just starting to see a lot of patches of that brown grass and them puddles in yard , fields, and driveway are slowly going away - Hope this one stays west of here like they predict and atthe most the 1inch is the most . 
 Need to get the bike out and ride - this inside life is getting overwhelming 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 9:42am
I'm having a little trouble understanding how you get so much snow with the wind up there, I never saw anything to stop the wind much less snow when I drove across ND.

Edited by JW in MO - 23 Mar 2018 at 9:43am
Maximum use of available resources!
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 9:49am
It's hittin' here too.  I'm in the middle of a blizard with 50+ mph winds and can barely make out the shop just 100 feet away. Drifts are over knee deep and s'posed to keep up 'til this afternoon.  Wish I could take my plasma cutter to that dang machine belongin' to you know who as it's comin' from his direction!!Angry
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Alberta Phil Alberta Phil wrote:

It's hittin' here too.  I'm in the middle of a blizard with 50+ mph winds and can barely make out the shop just 100 feet away. Drifts are over knee deep and s'posed to keep up 'til this afternoon.  Wish I could take my plasma cutter to that dang machine belongin' to you know who as it's comin' from his direction!!Angry

This storm does seem to originate near Blair, NE, and go all of the way up into Alberta. So there is a good chance that Shameless is involved. Darrel
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 1:20pm
Guys just keep it up there we are wet enough
Tom
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 3:35pm
i'm so glad I can be of assistance to ya'll! what are good friends for? my grass is getting greener and greener everyday, I spose i'll be mowing soon, the old lady.....ooooops....I mean the loving wife is out raking the yard. the puppies are all out basking in the sunshine, I've been sweating.....I HATE sweating! I love sitting in my small living room, looking out my small windows, sipping hot apple cidar, watching it blizzarding outside! enjoy it all while you can buddies!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 3:24am
well...as I type right now, I is gittin cold rain. wish is was prettier!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 4:24am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

i'm so glad I can be of assistance to ya'll! what are good friends for? my grass is getting greener and greener everyday, I spose i'll be mowing soon, the old lady.....ooooops....I mean the loving wife is out raking the yard. the puppies are all out basking in the sunshine, I've been sweating.....I HATE sweating! I love sitting in my small living room, looking out my small windows, sipping hot apple cidar, watching it blizzarding outside! enjoy it all while you can buddies!

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch,,,,,,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic