This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rollag 2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WDman1951 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rollag 2021
    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 7:03pm
It's official ladies and gentlemen the Oliver hart parr expo is coming to the hill 2021 I'm pretty stoked to help head up this expo they havent had a feature since 1996 so it's long over due .don't worry I haven't switched team but it is funny the Deere people are up in arms cause we stole their year I say tough lol they get enough show features it's the good greens turn lol. They say the nicest people drive Olivers so hope you'll all join us
1951 WD 1945 C 1936 WC
Sponsored Links

darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 10:01pm
In 1996, Allis Chalmers was the feature. You saying that was the last time there was a feature...? That was probably before you were born, though, so you wouldn't remember. Darrel
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:29am
Allis was last featured in 2010 or 11. They. Have something every year.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 7:13am
am I having a brain fart? what are you talking about?
WDman1951 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WDman1951 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 7:32am
1995 then must have been Oliver either way it's long over due and actually we were at that one I've been to every single show since 1993
1951 WD 1945 C 1936 WC
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 7:45am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

am I having a brain fart? what are you talking about?

Every year, over labor day weekend, there is a show called "Western Minnesota Steam threshers Reunion", held at Rollag Minnesota. About 45 miles east of Fargo, ND. It's a huge show, with over 100,000 people attending each year. As part of the show, each year they have special section of the show "up on the hill" that is dedicated to one particular brand of farm equipment. I've only been there once, and that was 1996, when the hill featured Allis Chalmers, as I was just getting the orange fever at that time. So, what Cody is saying, is that Olivers will be "up on the hill" in 2021. When I attended in 1996, I couldn't see everything there was in 3 days, and I can only imagine how much it has grown since then. I think I should go to it more often, as it's only 300 miles up the road from me. Darrel
WDman1951 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WDman1951 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 12:47pm
You definitely should come this year I can get you behind the scenes on some stuff they normally wouldn't get to see him or ride on. A buddy of mine and I run a steam engine there now called The Eagle eater LOL it's a 1915 Garr Scott 25 horse engine tandem compound it's a lot of fun.
1951 WD 1945 C 1936 WC
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 1:42pm
I'll have to see how things go this summer, as to whether I make it there or not. Darrel
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 10:37am
I make it about every other year. Kids have to ride the steam train then hit the steam carousel. after that I get to go to the hill. get there early enough to watch the 09:00 tractor parade. youll get to see most of the tractor drive by very slowly. the steam tractors move very slowly so every one else does too. when you camp out get to the general store early they make fresh caramel rolls all morning. I bought several stamped plates from the hammer mill the last time allis chalmers was the feature tractor. it was a very good WD45 stamping. they sell past year plates until they run out. I gave the Allis plates to my brothers. The camping is just a parking spot in the field they do run shuttle busses in the camping area and tractor pulled trams. horse draw trams run in the horse farming area. spend the whole weekend if you can. the last few years I've only been able to make a day trip but many of the permanent displays are the same.  
HaroldOmaha View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 11:25pm
I went a couple of years ago. Wow! We always got there 7:30- 8:00 in the morning
and when we were at the top of the hill by 9:30 you should have seen the cars a coming. As far as you could see bumper to bumper from the north and the south. State troopers came to direct traffic, even when they moved the steamers across the highway. They held up traffic while they put down protection for the blacktop. This place is way out in the country, but worth the trip.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 3:22am
thanks Darrel!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 7:44am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

thanks Darrel!

Maybe You ought to head up there this labor day, sir. (uses the word "sir" quite loosely here, lol). I could meet up with ya there, and we could keep Cody looking back over his shoulder at all times. Darrel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic