This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD4 seat cushions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD4 seat cushions
    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 9:15pm
Does anyone offer the seat cushions and arm rest for an HD4 crawler? Thanks Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Sponsored Links

jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 9:04am
Hello Tracy

There is a company that Cal has used to redo his seat cushions on some of his tractors. I contacted them but they no longer have the pattern for my HD16 seats.

I will find the company name as I had saved it but then deleted it when they couldn't help. Cal said they did great work for him and if he reads this will post to I am a sure.

My wife is redoing them. I have both the bottom and back cushions as well as a right hand arm rest that I/my wife is redoing.

My seat cushion turned out great, the back had to be rebuilt from scratch with 3/4" wolmanized plywood and very thick and dense foam but will turn out great as well. Here are the pics of the armrest I took off this weekend and will post them when finished. Good luck.

Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 9:35am
My arm rest are in sad shape. The cushions really need new backs. Be nice if I could buy them and not have to make them. Thanks Tracy
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 9:47am
I hear ya it I couldn't find them for mine. My arm rest is a heavy duty angle iron frame that attaches to the stock toolbox under the seat that bolts to the floor frame. Very heavy fritters and an option on my tractor when new. My arm rest is 2 3/4" pieces of plywood screwed at right ankles to form a L and then covered in a heavy mat and covered in vinyl. With snow still on the ground in Michigan these are the projects I am working on.
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Tracy Martin TN Tracy Martin TN wrote:

My arm rest are in sad shape. The cushions really need new backs. Be nice if I could buy them and not have to make them. Thanks Tracy

Found the company i was talking about. Speer Cushion Co in Colorado. Sadly their message said they are closing in November of 2017 but as they are selling inventory they have made something for you. You can Google them.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 11:21am
Hahn Upholstery  in Craigmont Idaho  208 924 5538 trseat@camasnet.com

Top quality stuff so will not be cheap. I have seen his work on restored tractors at shows,just like new.

I do my own on working tractors. As long as a plywood base works,get foam from old mattress or couch,get vinyl or canvas at local upholstery shop,cut and fold like rapping a package staple in down.  
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 11:27am
There ya go showing off again Ray!! hahahah. thats what my Mrs is doing for me. My bottom cushion was pretty good so I cleaned it and fixed a small tear and as its original I left it. Base was even still good.

The back cushion was pretty elaborate for just a back seat as it had padding and a coil spring system. I went with a new plywood base and new faux leather which is water proof, and very thick foam from a foot stool I was getting rid of. Fit perfect.
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 1:06pm
Hello Tracy. I think Rick commented on this earlier as he has made his own, In my case, on my 16dc, my seat cushion was passable but the back rest was a wasp nest and the arm rest was a total mess. My MRS took the time to redo for me a new back rest and arm rest. Now the original seat looks like crap but its good enough for my fat ass.

I think she nailed it.

I think you can tell the original seat compared to the new backrest.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 2:17pm
Looks great!
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 2:34pm
Great work !
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 4:56pm
Thank you. I made the new seat frames but mrs did all the real work.
rickv57 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickv57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 9:43am
Nice work there Jerry
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by rickv57 rickv57 wrote:

Nice work there Jerry

Thank you Rick. One piece at a time till weather warms up.
rickv57 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickv57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 1:11pm
Jerry if you got any spare time I know somebody that could use couple dozen seat covers LOL
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 7:13pm
I bet I know him as well. 👍
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 8:49pm
jerbob that is far fancier than anything I do. You better treat the one that did the sewing to something good. 
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 5:49am
I sure did Ray. She is not a fan of my tractor project. So for her to do the seats and arm rest for me was a huge step.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic