This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bill Long , Remenber this WD ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bill Long , Remenber this WD ?
    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 1:40pm
This is the WD your dad  sold to Dell's at Md. state fair . Bill said his Dad had bought a CA 2 years before that ,then traded it back in on this WD . He said your dad give his dad more for the CA then he paid 2 years before. Bill the 3rd. has original bill of sell .                        I  restored this tractor about 4 years ago. He just had it up here at my shop to do a few minor things this week. Bill the  3rd would like to get together with u some time , let me know and come up here ,we will go over Bill's .

He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Sponsored Links

JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 1:43pm
beautiful tractor with history, what more could you want!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 6:10pm
Wow. Look.at.those original.style front tires!!! Nice!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
drobCA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drobCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 7:20pm
I'm beginning to think we need someone in Fred's photographs holding up a newspaper showing the date.
The tractors all look like the photos were taken the day they were cleaned up and put on the showroom floor.
3 Ford 8N's I loan to neighbors, but the '52CA, '41B and little B1 I do not.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 8:08pm
I took these pictures today ,old soda machine ,phone both and gas pump are in front my shop ,the 66 sign is in front my showroom .
nonetheless ,still dead.
drobCA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drobCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 8:53pm
I guess I believe you... Wink 
it's just that they are so incredibly nicely restored.
and I'm betting' they run quite a bit better than "okay" as well!
Clap
3 Ford 8N's I loan to neighbors, but the '52CA, '41B and little B1 I do not.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 8:59pm
That is rich!!  The history and knowing all of the people involved!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 9:58pm
That Tractor was purchased on my Birthday!  My Birthday is Sept. 24th 1952 just a year prior. Now there's a coinsidence!   Thumbs Up
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 10:02pm
Fred,  What a BEAUTIFUL WD. 
Yes, I remember Mr. Bill Dell.  I remember delivering a combine to him on a real hot Maryland Fourth of July.  Can't remember the year. 
We were going to go in the field to adjust it for running.  I remember Mr Dell saying since it was sooo hot he would set it up when it was cooler.  Thanked me for delivering it and sent me home. 
Also, if my memory is correct Mr. Dell took his new WD - could have been a WD-45 - to combine.  When he went around the field he ran over a surveyors stake.  Someone had set a Spring Tooth cultivator shovel against the stake.  It was bad enough for the surveyors stake but the cultivator shovel went into the brand new tire.  When Mr Dell had time to stop the tractor the shovel had pierced the tire in several places.  The brand new tire was a sieve. 
Great Person.  Good Customer.  Outstanding Friend.
Would love to see him again. 
Good Luck!
Bill Long 
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 11:18pm
Wow...this is fantastic. First, I love the photo with the Phillips 66 sign. It really brings out the beauty of the design of the WD/WD45! Truly a beautiful tractor, Fred! I'd love to be able to restore a tractor or combine to that level of perfection, but I'm not sure I have the expertise/patience to carry out such a task.
What really adds to it is the story, and the fact it has been carried along with the tractor. I've got stories for a couple of my combines, but the WD story is wonderful, especially since the bill of sale is with it, along with Mr. Long's firsthand accounts. 
Simply amazing! 

Edited by CrestonM - 03 Feb 2018 at 11:21pm
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 11:36pm
What is a rich history like that worth? Fred and Bill, your words, your stories paint a very lovely picture.

One question on my mind for Fred, does that Dr Pepper machine have any cold RC inside?
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 8:14am

Bill told me the WD n WD 45 where sitting aside each other ,WD was less money. He said they had a 60 combine wanted a bigger one got a 66 ,WD came along because CA could not handle it on the hill's.

Unit 3 ,yes there is RC in there n Sprite. LOL

Edited by Fred in Pa - 04 Feb 2018 at 8:18am
nonetheless ,still dead.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 8:33am
CrestonM ,this time of year it would be hard to take all the stuff out of showroom to sit tractor in there and get a picture of it sitting in front the Allis Chalmers counters .

This is just what's inside front side door looks like at this time,these sit here because I can get them out when ever and go beat them ,I mean drive them .
nonetheless ,still dead.
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 8:52am
That is a cool story, Something both Fred and Bill can be proud of
GreenMule View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenMule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 9:41am
Very nice thanks for sharing
d17brown View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d17brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 9:52am
sharp tractor
phil
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 9:53am
 I knew both Bill's before Dell ask me to do tractor over ,when he told me the story about when his dad bought the tractor new . I told Dell how I came about meeting Bill long when Their Tractor Club used My Allis Chalmers  Showroom for a meeting one time .

Dell Jr. (original  owner ) did get to see the tractor after it was restored .They hauled it to where he was living so he could see it again.

nonetheless ,still dead.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 9:55am
So when did they start putting 45 manifolds on WD's?
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 10:29am
Steve,
I'm gonna chime in here.....
"When did they start using WD-45 manifolds on a WD?".....

Now, this is only a guess on my part!

Probably when they ran out of old original WD manifolds.

Or.....that's the only one the dealer had on the shelf.

It looks like a real A-C manifold.....'guess that's what really counts?!

That's what happened with the blocks.....when they ran out of
original WD style blocks, you got a WD-45 style block.

JMHO

Edited by Brian G. NY - 04 Feb 2018 at 10:34am
brkfldj View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brkfldj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 11:48am
Wonderful story to go with a great looking family tractor, photographed in a super setting. Makes me envious of you forum members with records that enable you to search for family equipment.
Thanks.
Jim
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 4:11pm
Is it a 1953 with the curved gear shift handle?

Fred, if I ever get an AC RC, guess what cola will be in the cup holder? 
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 7:03pm
A Miller Lite??
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic