This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1963 D19 rear hydraulics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1963d19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1963 D19 rear hydraulics
    Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 3:48am
i recently inherited my grandpa's old 1963 D19 Diesel.. I'm new to this type of tractor..  I have a plow off of his old WD-45 on the back and i'm looking to use it for plowing snow at my house.   My problem is I cant keep the rear blade in one position. its either down or all the way up and when it's up that pump keeps running..  This doesn't seem right to me, but then again i'm used to a lot newer equipment.    Can someone tell me if this is correct or where my problem might be?  Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 5:35am
Need more info.  Original Snap coupler, factory 3 point or 3 point conversion?  Is the lift valve on the rh side, beside your knee?
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 5:48am
There should be a position control lever up near the traction booster lever on the left side of the steering wheel. Also that pump is open center so it pumps all the time. I'm assuming it has the standard belly piston pump.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 6:12am
Do you have both of the remotes in the center position?
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 9:41am
To you have the owner's manual?  If not, get one.  They are cheap and easy to find on E-bay.  With the pump running constantly and the implement in the raised position, you are probably not using the control properly.  The lever to the left of the steering wheel raises and lowers the implement.  But, when the implement is fully raised, you need to move the lever into the middle of the quadrant.  This will hold the implement in position without having the pump run.

Edited by DSeries4 - 09 Dec 2017 at 9:41am
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
orange-is-power View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orange-is-power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 12:27pm
D19 lift levers are on the left fender. One closest to seat is the lift arms. Other two are remote levers. Yours may not have the position control lever on the dash. They were on the later D19s.
1963d19 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1963d19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 1:27pm

Is this the lever your talking about. The levers themselves are on the left side. The remotes are open. The only lever used is the far right lever.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by orange-is-power orange-is-power wrote:

D19 lift levers are on the left fender. One closest to seat is the lift arms. Other two are remote levers. Yours may not have the position control lever on the dash. They were on the later D19s.
hmmmm, mine is a '61 I believe (maybe '62) and it has it. There is another anomaly, it has a number on the torque tube where a D17 would have a serial number. Every other D19 I've ever looked at has no number there. The serial number is actually on top of the rear end housing.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
orange-is-power View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orange-is-power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 5:38pm
My operator's manual says the position control lever was effective with serial # 12850. So that's 1963.
1963d19 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1963d19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:39pm
I ordered a manual for it. Should be here in a couple days.   But is that the control lever you all were talking about behind the traction boost. Would love to start using this thing to plow with, my quad did ok today but this thing would have cut my time down by over half. I know it's a little over kill for my acre lot, but when I build my new house on my 40 acres it would be nice to use this around there like my grandpa did when he was still here
1963d19 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1963d19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:49pm
I will try this tomorrow and see if that works. I know very little about this tractor. We rarely used it as my grandpa was partial to his wd45.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 6:12am
Originally posted by 1963d19 1963d19 wrote:

I ordered a manual for it. Should be here in a couple days.   But is that the control lever you all were talking about behind the traction boost.
Yes but my experience with my D19 is that it does better with a pull-type plow. But mine never worked right with the traction booster.
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic