This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My hd5 project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My hd5 project
    Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 10:35am
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg hi guy's new to the forum just picked up this 1952 model I'm in Western Australia hope to slowly get it up to scratch but has a broken drive axle and clutch seams to slip if not holding leaver back anyway should keep me busy for a while
Sponsored Links

Wawill View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 10:59am
Here is a few more pictures of it has the letournea power control winch on the back

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 11:05am
master clutch is adjustable through plate on right side of bell housing- need a 9/16 wrench and a pry-bar to move adjusting ring to tighten overcenter clutch tension
 depending of if dozer or loader will set the challenge for replacing broken axle . 
if you search back there is a lot of info on HD5 on this site  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 11:36am

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Wawill View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 5:48pm
Cheers coke I'm hoping that's all I need to do and that the clutch is not worn out I was amazed the old dozer had been sitting for about 10 years without running and she fired right up pretty impressive those little gm motors
donoman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 12:57am
Well worth restoring. especially with the Le Tourneau blade gear. good luck
donoman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 12:58am
Plenty of final drive parts in NZ
Wawill View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 7:35am
I haven't seen any other hd5 with the le tourneau blades on them are they very common and does anybody have any hints and tips for operating and maintaining it
Wawill View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 4:33am
Had a look at the steering breaks today to see why the rhs break wasn't working and the culprit was rust
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 10:00am
A little JB Weld might fix that...LOL
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 11:05am
Someone once thought they would develop a rust welder, have not seen the contraption yet but may be accessible in AU?
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 8:11pm
Good looking under carriage. Man what a set of grousers. They'll either get you out or dig a hole deep enough that all you have to do is push a layer of dirt over the top to bury it. LOL
Wawill View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 10:22pm
Just wondering if anyone reckons I could get a break band of another dozer and adapt it to fit the Allis chalmers the price I got told for one wasn't cheep
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 11:02pm
The band was made by somebody to start with... just find another band and weld your components on...
Wawill View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 11:21pm
That's what I'm thinking if it's made by man can be fixed by man
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic