This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Something different from Allis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Something different from Allis
    Posted: 27 May 2017 at 9:33am
I was moving from one field to another recently and a familiar logo caught my eye, I have driven down this road for many years now and hadn't noticed it before.

1964 D17 series 3
Sponsored Links

JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 10:15am
I know what you mean, was driving from McPherson to Emporia, KS on my way home and saw an AC transformer on a pole on the North side of the highway.  Darn near gave myself whiplash.  Next time I'm through there I shoot a picture.  Never noticed it headed West and usually dark coming East but managed to be travelling in the daylight and there it was.
Maximum use of available resources!
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 10:59am
Dad has since moved into an apartment, but one day at his house-where he had the sign stating Allis Chalmers parking only, all others towed, some linemen asked what that meant! They knew about AC electrical stuff but had no idea about the farm equipment!
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 11:12am
I know of a couple power poles in my area that have allis chalmers transformers on them. I asked a line man one time if he could ever score me a discarded allis transformer. Evidently not. Never heard back from him
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 1:17pm
Theres still a bunch of these around central Mo,,,, this division along with the hydro generators where big business for AC and kept West Allis busy,, when the merger with Siemmens happened this started the end of Allis Chalmers
Ted in NE-OH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted in NE-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 8:48pm
Probably not as they are old and probably have PCBs in the oil.
CA, WD, C, 3 Bs, 2 Gs, WC, I-400, 914
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic