This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm lookin,,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm lookin,,,,,,,
    Posted: 16 May 2017 at 5:30am

I been lookin at an old tractor (Faded Yellow) that has been parked at a friend's lower 40 for several years and finally caught him where I could ask on it. He tells me it a is a mid 50's wide front "Moline" with 3 point hitch and is a gas 4 cylinder that is goin to need some serious engine work. His BIL bought it to rebuild and found the engine had thrown a rod,,,so he gave up on it and been parked behind the barn since. It looks to be a little bigger than the Ford 9's but maybe not as big as the D14,,,,??
   I haven't got a close-up look at it yet,,model type etc,,etc, gonna do thet this weekend.
  That's not too much info,,but,,Anybody got any thoughts on it,,,??
  What are possibilities of a different engine swap,,????

Edited by desertjoe - 16 May 2017 at 6:05am
Sponsored Links

Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 5:45am
Sounds like  it could be a 335,engine shouldn't be hard to find.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 5:54am
gee,I'm on the fence about this....
like how many 'projects' do you really need ?
I'm kinda in the 'reduce the fleet' not 'add to the fleet' as I'll be 64 next week...something about the 'guy in the back rode and sickle' .....

then again I heard about another D-14 'up the road' I might look at....

sigh....

guess I wasn't any help....

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DougS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 6:19am
I don't believe MM engines were sleeved, but there are plenty of parts available. They are easy to overhaul.
dt1050 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dt1050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 7:12am
your 64, well hopefully ya have some grandkids/kids that are interested in helping with the projects.  I'm only in my 40's, but several spinal cord injuries have my project abilitlies limited.  My son helps, but will soon be in the air force, so I don't know what I'll do then.  As far as the younger generations around me, if they can't do it on the phone, computer, tv, etc. they ain't interested. sad.
Just cause it's orange don't make it a tractor, there's only one..Allis Chalmers
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 7:23am
I bet you could find a Briggs and Stratton to power it just fine. Bet you would draw a crowd too. If you were too embarrassed you could paint it blue and put a Ford badge on the front, then everyone would understand.

I'm sorry I'll go stand in the corner now and sit on my hands.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 7:46am
Sounds like you know the drill Stan........had to do that before?

Joe, DO you need another project??  Look around for a Woods L306 on a CA and take me some pictures!!

How's the wife doing??  How are YOU doing????  You need your strength buddy!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 7:58am
you gave up on my chevy allis huh?
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 8:33am
Go for it! But I'll have to make sure my wife doesn't see any pictures of the finished project. She'll probably drive down there and sweet talk ole hungry into letting her steal it. She's wanted a Minnie Mo for years. Do er all up original like you did that D15 LP, and it'll be gorgeous. Don't let the nay sayers dissuade you from taking on another tractor project. It gives you a reason to keep pushing on. Darrel
cdon_FL View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdon_FL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 10:28am
As I remember... Steiners catalog has a section dedicated to MMs.  Surprised at that because they are not at all a popular brand down here in the Southeast US, but they were elsewhere I guess.

Same story with Allis, but to a lesser extent.  Farmalls everywhere here in the south, Allis not so much.

Is the Midwest and Upper Midwest exactly the opposite (?)
Chris in NE Florida
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 11:21am
Lubbock Gasket has about any gasket and seal you'd ever need for a MM tractor and other
MM parts too.In Lubbock Texas
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 11:59am
Well. Finally got my little tablet figured out but sure is slow typin One letter at a time cause im used to doin the 2 finger speed typin......LOL...
The Wife is doin better but Dr aint said if or when shes goin home.
Talked with my Brother this mornin  and he is goin to call the Dr as i cant answer his questions...?
By golly. Stan. I DO happen to have a perfet 19 HP B S that i "salvaged" that needs a home......
Hey Ted,,, have no clue bout thet Woods L306 but i.ll look on my desktop when i go home. Talk bout projects....im in middle of replacing the "variable speed pulley on neighbors Troy-bilt rider....he just wouldnt take NO for an answer...SOoooo its gonna cost him some serious dollars!!
also cleaning out garage to find the 55 in there cause it's NEXT project for sure.
Last but certainly NOT Least.....Shameless,,,!!!,, that is My Chevy Allis!!!!! It is the reason why i re-did my car hauler trailer to go bring it home......since you wont deliver the dang thing!!!!!!!

Edited by desertjoe - 16 May 2017 at 3:15pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic