This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MEL....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEL....
    Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 10:33pm
what are ya workin on now? talk to us boy! lol
Sponsored Links

AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 10:31am
Wellll... Since the tractor restoration and the logging show are over we've been trying to catch up with our day job. As you know we pretty much abandoned it (with the help of 67"of rain this season). Last week we did a full court press on our 2 water trucks to get them inspected and pump tested for our Cal Fire contract that are renewed every three years. (that was supposed to be done while we were at the show). Also started processing some gravel in the screen plant and David delivered some septic tanks. We put a new bearing in our cement screw so we could start batching cement to pour septic tanks. Our guy started pouring tanks again this past Wednesday. He had spent all winter cleaning forms and making repairs on forms. We'll probably ratchet that up to 2 tanks a day this coming week. We have a stock trailer that we were renovating that got put back in the shop (where the orange tractor was) to get done for spring time cattle handling. Yesterday David got out the tractor with the 3 point mower and did some weed eating. I got the 3 point sprayer going for some roundup spraying to start next week. The grandsons baseball games started yesterday, had a 12:30 and 5:30 game to go to. It was 84 degrees here yesterday also. Tractor wise though, you'll be happy to know that I took the hood of of one of our best 11Bs to get to the fuel pump that needs to come off, then on to a 7G that needs to have some attention. Right now I'm at the computer trying to hook up a new printer on one of our home computers for my wife to print ebay labels (and yes that's the most important thing happening here). These are some of the things I think we are working on. nothing happening here. (LOL)
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 12:19pm
That sounds like a very ambitious, hard working place, that has some good work ethic. Are you sure that you live in California. ....? (The devil made me say that last part) Darrel
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 5:04pm
well...I guess ya'll don't need me to come out and look for things for ya to do! lol
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 8:37pm
Darrel said I should pull the snow machine out to your place and maybe David would paint it purdy for me? 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by shameless (ne) shameless (ne) wrote:

Darrel said I should pull the snow machine out to your place and maybe David would paint it purdy for me? 

At least then you wouldn't be using for the week you spend pulling it out there, and then if David spends a year painting it (I would encourage him to take at least that long), that would be down time for it, and then another week pulling it back home. Darrel
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 11:28pm
Ok, Time out! I think we added another project today. We got a 412 International paddle wheel scraper about 40 years ago for bringing gravel out of the river for processing and moved it around to construction jobs also. About 15 years ago we had some problems with transmission, so we took it out, turned out it was the plate between the flywheel and the torque converter, disintegrated. We went through the transmission anyway , it was about the same time that the state of California decided that we couldn't do any more "in stream mining'' so we never put it back together. So being "INTERNATIONAL" It's not mixed with AC ''DONOR'' tractors, but we found it in the berry bushes!! photo IMG_1503_zpsjcsbdeou.jpg
 photo IMG_1506_zpsgfvyre1d.jpg
So with the backhoe and forklift I worked my way closer. photo IMG_1508_zpsczrfp8bt.jpg
David ran the excavator and we reclaimed it. photo IMG_1514_zpsmvafkqtb.jpg
Had some obstacles to get around but we got it. photo IMG_1517_zps48uko1yf.jpg
 photo IMG_1516_zpsjewvwm4l.jpg
Hope we can find all the missing parts. Can't be any worse than building a 1955 HD11 dozer in 3 months can it? photo IMG_1519_zpsyfcbjliu.jpg

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 5:17am
You all certainly know how to beat yourselves!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 6:15am
What does that bad boy have for a transmission in it. ..? Allison. ...? And what's it have for an engine. ..? My payloader has the same issue; the flex plates (I guess there are 3 laminated together) between the engine and transmission shelled out. Just wondering how similar they are. Guess your transmission wouldn't have a built in transfer case, since it has no 4 X 4. Looks like this project may take about 50 gallons of paint. Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 7:28am
well Mel...i'm glad you and David are able to rest up after that HD11 ordeal! now I see you are taking it a little easier! ya'll ain't gitting no younger ya know! i'm sure you'll have that IH shinning soon?
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 11:49pm
Shameless, did you notice the water truck at the left side of the picture?  Looks like another of your favorite Ferds!

Ooo, ooo, There's another Ferd Pickup in another picture!

Edited by JohnCO - 03 Apr 2017 at 11:51pm
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 5:04am
And, the F-150, in the picture above the H20 truck...
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 12:46pm
That's the other one I was talking about.

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 2:43pm
Sure would like the bed off that pickup for mine that I am restoring. Looks likea 70s
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 5:46am
parts for Les?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 5:48am
soooooo....Mel....ya'll gonna do the re-furb thing with the IH? or just get it working for someone else?
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 9:46am
Just get it working for us. We have lots of projects we could use it on.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 8:26am
i'm sure it'll work like it should after ya'll gits done with it!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:04am
Looks like you guys are getting rained on again!
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 11:19am
YEP, 69.7" for the season. should go over the 70" by tonight. But it was only last week and off and on for another week (LOL). But man is the grass growin!! we have "HAPPY COWS!!", We had a couple of 85 degree days last week. Of course the new baby is still sitting out in the rain.

photo P4080002_zpsegb5fkkb.jpg
But I'm sure you'll notice that they are all still sitting close to that big building that should get a roof this year. We did get some siding on one end before it started raining back in November.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 11:49pm
That building will sure be nice to keep all your toys in. 
Hey Shameless, notice the Ferd pickup in the roofless building?  I suspect Mel makes sure there is at least one in each of his pictures, just for your benefit!
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 9:31am
John, Shameless,  FORD ALERT, to the right of the orange tractor and across the top of the blue trailer are 2 more fords 1960 PU, 1960 1ton flatbed with racks.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 11:49pm
Can't have too many Fords!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 8:06pm
good thing there weren't no roof on that building! there would be trouble then!  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic