This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$ to haul d14 from bolivar, ny to central pa.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dt1050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $ to haul d14 from bolivar, ny to central pa.
    Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 5:35am
I'm thinking of buying a d14 with loader in bolivar, ny, but I would have to have it shipped to my location which is aprox 40 miles north east of state college pa.  it's about 150 miles one way.  before making any commitments on the tractor I wanted to see if there was anybody that could haul it and a price.  Thanks dt.
Just cause it's orange don't make it a tractor, there's only one..Allis Chalmers
Sponsored Links

ZachD89 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZachD89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 7:06am
PM SENT
37 A,37 Waukesha B,35 WC,38 WF,M crawler,49 WF,49 WD,53 WD45,39 and 40 RC,47 WC,41 B,39 B,48G,48,C,59D10,D21,IB,B10,B12,B208,B1,Roto Bale Loader, sp100 combine, allcrop 66, L3 Gleaner
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 7:40am
150 miles divided by 10MPH = 15hrs seat time!
ZachD89 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZachD89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 7:46am
Originally posted by Gary Burnett Gary Burnett wrote:

That would be a long ride on a D14 LOL
37 A,37 Waukesha B,35 WC,38 WF,M crawler,49 WF,49 WD,53 WD45,39 and 40 RC,47 WC,41 B,39 B,48G,48,C,59D10,D21,IB,B10,B12,B208,B1,Roto Bale Loader, sp100 combine, allcrop 66, L3 Gleaner
dt1050 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dt1050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Gary Burnett Gary Burnett wrote:

Don't have hemorrhoids, but would after that ride!!!!Wink
Just cause it's orange don't make it a tractor, there's only one..Allis Chalmers
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 10:58am
a good tandem 'car hauler' trailer will haul it fine. do NOT tell Uhaul it's a tractor, say Chevy Cavailer....

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 11:27am
X2 on the U-Haul comment. They do not allow tractors/farm equipment to be hauled on their equipment.
Read the contract, if you have a flat (they do not provide a spare) and they send the U-Haul guy out, he will unhook your vehicle and confiscate the load if vehicle is not what you wrote in the rental agreement.
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 11:59am
Tim ,sounds like u know first hand. LOL
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:05pm
I think that is s real pizzer with UHaul.

I hauled a tractor once and called it an antique Cadillac.  LOL
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

a good tandem 'car hauler' trailer will haul it fine. do NOT tell Uhaul it's a tractor, say Chevy Cavailer....

Jay

Tried to rent a U hual this winter to hual a empty brand new fuel barrel. They refused. I changed my tune and said Ford Escape they didn't buy into it. Hung up and called rental store they never asked a question.   Ends up the snow thawed and got a rain to wash the salt off the road and used my gooseneck.   Try Dennis from northern IL he hauls for a reasonable price maybe he will be in your neighborhood. Shouldn't take much to haul a D14.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 4:31pm
Trip to far NE AR for D15II that I had the fella measure. Had the front all the way out and two position 14.9 rears on the widest setting. Did not have the gooseneck at that time and grabbed a brand new car hauler (rail type) from a friend who just picked up a distributorship. He let me have it as it was new and he knew I needed to get it picked up that weekend as seller started bein' a stinker. Told me SOME of the details with the rules and later found out they are very specific.
Won't do it again for sure but now have two trailers, both with double spares and can haul anything I need.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 5:50pm
Just had another thought, try a local trailer seller. One here WILL rent you trailers.
Yup Uhaul wouldn't rent me one,so I bought my 'tractor trailer'. I only use it maybe 10-12 times a year but better than having $1000 i the bank NOT collecting interest!

dt1050 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dt1050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 4:15am
now that I know I can get it hauled, thanks to some great folks on here, I'm gonna make the trip up to look at it as soon as I can.  I guess it's gonna need a rear tire and tube, fella said they are 14.9x26.......bit of an odd size to me, not used to hearing 26"

I'll let ya know what happens and post some pic's, if I don't forget the camera.

Edited by dt1050 - 29 Mar 2017 at 4:16am
Kurt WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 6:13am
Put it on U Ship.  I have used them twice now and got good results both times.  
WD D17D 170 190xt 190xtIII 200 7020
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 7:01am
Originally posted by dt1050 dt1050 wrote:

now that I know I can get it hauled, thanks to some great folks on here, I'm gonna make the trip up to look at it as soon as I can.  I guess it's gonna need a rear tire and tube, fella said they are 14.9x26.......bit of an odd size to me, not used to hearing 26"

I'll let ya know what happens and post some pic's, if I don't forget the camera.

I think I have 3 of the D14 models around here for partsWink
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 7:17am
D15's had 26" tires and probably D14's. Always seemed weird to me that the D15 was suppose to be WD45 equivalent, but had the small tires.
dt1050 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dt1050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Allis dave Allis dave wrote:

D15's had 26" tires and probably D14's. Always seemed weird to me that the D15 was suppose to be WD45 equivalent, but had the small tires.

I seen on tractor data that it took 26" in rubber, but thought it was a typo...guess not..lol

Gary Burnett, I ought to just move closer to Virginia..LOL
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 9:32am
I put 28 on my D14 and they worked just fine.  If you need new tires you might want to pursue 28 as they are less expensive.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
dt1050 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dt1050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:43am
Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileThe d14 should be coming home to my garage today, once I seen the factory power steering and was good and straight I knew I wanted it.  Thanks to all that responded.  A huge thank you goes out to the fella's willing to take time out of there day to haul an allis for a fella they don't even know.  once the tractor is here I'll get some pics and post.  have to take the owners word that it doesn't pop out of gear, since the right rear was knocked off the bead.  more on that later.  full hydraulic loader, but no loader bucket, just hay forks, the loader has an allis tag on it, but I can't read it.

again thanks to all that agreed to help.
Gary Burnet,  thanks for all the info on the d-14Big smile
ed&sherry, I can't thank you enough for hauling it for me.Big smileBig smile
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:52am
Glad you got it,at least now you have a tractor that you can get a part for,hydraulic loader definitely makes it a great deal.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 7:25am
14.9X26 is real common COMBINE tire size ! I have 4 or 5 on my D-14s. I bought a pair after a 'combine demo derby' at local fair. Not pretty BUT they've held air for 10 years!
Original size was 12/13.2 x 26 and you'll need a bank loan to buy new ones !!
Anyone who says my 'tires and rims look funny / not original' can buy me the 'proper' ones...I'm mo rehtna happy for donation!!

Jay

dt1050 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dt1050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 3:39pm
well good news is it's home.  bad news is apparently the loader cyclinders and frame that mount to the piece that's on the tractor now don't match.  I guess the other parts are a allis 500 loader.  get pictures of it later.  I'll be selling it in hopes of finding the rest of the loader I have on the tractor.  I did get the other chain for the rear tires.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic