This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ALLIS 715 BACKHOE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ALLIS 715 BACKHOE
    Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 10:41am
 ok, so I bought the 715 backhoe got it home and now the motor runs, ( good) thanks to the help I found here,checked the hydraulic fluid and added 5 gallons,started up and there is barely any power in the hydraulics I could only scrape 6 inches of gravel and the swing was nearly none existant.all the backhoe movements are very very slow and week. then kapow there goes a line and all the hydro fluid. I  must sound dumb but this is my first machine  and I  got it for a good price. I know I have to replace the line but where do I go from there to make this machine run good again. I am definately going to need some help I hate chasing my tail I figured on lines braking but not the lack of power.
Sponsored Links

E7018 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E7018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 1:02pm
Sounds like the oil is being directed somewhere other than doing the work. Maybe a valve mostly stuck wrong. I don't know where to find the problem but if it made a line fail, there is pressure. Unless, the line was really bad.  See if the valves are centered in the stroke, well.
Dave A View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 3:53pm

is the loader slow.

Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game.
Winston Churchill
Dave A View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 9:57am
Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game.
Winston Churchill
Dave A View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 10:02am
hope this helps . would start with filters and work the hydrolics. might just be full of air or a ram  packing is bypassing
Winston Churchill
LIAM View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 2:10pm
  I will try that I got this machine out of the woods and it sat there for 3-4 years ,got the motor running good now just gotta work out the rest of the bugs. I REALLY APPRERCIATE all the help you have been giving me. this forum seems to be a bunch of great guys thanks again
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 2:48pm
Syster is a regenerative system and part of return flow ends up back on input side . This speeds up the process of swing and boom movement.
 as far as using bucket swing to move dirt , it works but is not a good idea to get in habit of doing. Swing clinders are small and not made for pushing dity into holes or trenches. Besides it puts a lot of strain on machine pivot points .
 Outrigers should lift machine with no problem, boom should also lift machine, and swing should be able to move machine when it is lifted with boom.
 As far as dig force of dipper or bucket that will depend on soil or pull force of dipper. When curling the bucket you should be able to fill it .
 Also see where pins are set on bucket as one position will limit dig force .

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 10 Jun 2010 at 2:52pm
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Dave A View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010 at 10:18am

What is the differance between the 715 and the 816. Other than the rear axial

Winston Churchill
LIAM View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 11:55am
 The loader moves great dipper and boom also move good ,but the swing is slow to non existant also the right side out rigger will not lift the machine. It will hold machine up just not lift it.  none of theses cyclinders are leaking .I checked the controls and they are a little loose but centered,do you think the swing spool valve assembly is just clogged ? I beleive the out riggers are on the same assembly. does any one knows a good place to buy parts for this spool valve if need be?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 12:15pm
Sounds like it might be internal leakage on cylinders. As the valves close both ports when in neutral position cylinder would not leak down but bypass internaly. The piston in cylinders is held on with nut and has a "O" ring seal behind piston to shaft. Also the piston it's self has a "H" ring seal on both sides of the bearing material on piston.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
bigfish_Oh View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfish_Oh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 8:54pm
I found a big leak on mine and I think some air was in lines ??  It is faster now.

I sure do like the shuttle !!!!
1941 WC sat for 29 years,started & dynoed 27 h.p.
1957 WD45 Grandpa bought new,factory p.s.,added wfe
1951 WD, factory p.s.
1960 D14 HnMk IV BkHoe 4 sale
2014 HD Tri Glide
2009 GMC CC SLT Dually
Dave A View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 9:15pm
sounds like one of the spools, is not returning to center. Start with the main boom valve. If that one isn't in the center. Don't think the swing rams work
Winston Churchill
LIAM View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 2:04pm
 Thanks found the problem , took the swing valve apart . the  system releif valve had a dried up broken oring blocking the ports.disassembled it cleaned it all out replaced all the orings  on all the valves and its alot better. I now get full left to right swing seems to be working now . luckily the spool was in excellent shape no scratches or scores. Does the loader regenerate w/ the swing theres a bad cyclinder leak I am thinking maybe its sucking some air in there ?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 8:09pm
I believe it is mainly on hoe so dipper and boom movement is faster , it my be on loader also so when raising or lowering one does not have to wait for all oil to be suplied by pump.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic