This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Makes me want to CRY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Makes me want to CRY
    Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 8:21pm
As I am driveing around the other day ,I come across this prefect little H3 sitt'en next to the road ...Looks like its been here a little while... I better investigate...I go to the farm house to check it out and Farmer Jones says ..it hasnt run for 3 or 4 years but take it....I almost fell over backwards...THEN the bad news...his wife steps in and says theyre grandson likes to play on it when he comes to visit, so they better hang onto it......I HAVE'NT SLEPT YET...
Sponsored Links

LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 8:48pm
explain to grandma how that is real dangerous for the young lad to climb on, could fall and get hurt but you would be happy to trade for one of those battery operated ride on vehicles for grandson
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 8:55pm
What part of Wisconsin is that? It looks pretty dry there.
kip in cny View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kip in cny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 8:55pm
they have bees in the summer that could hurt the kid.  See if thair is a nice new bike or toy the kid may like.  Thair has to be some deal.  Or buy his wife a gift card thats worth a few hours of shoping that ='s the amount of time that you could load it in. 
160 CA 920diesel 5020 HD-3
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 8:57pm
Sweet little machine too. Is that a six-way blade I see there. Don't you know someone with an old junk Cat or some other junk you could just trade for it? LOL!
Just keep an eye out. Junior will move on to other things before long, and you might still get a chance at it. Sounds like my luck.LOL!
Cobb View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 9:32pm
I told her I would be MORE than happy to buy pee wee a mini bike or go-cart to cruise around on for trade but that didnt work yet...believe me...I am not giving up for a while..... p.s.  I am working out in Wyoming...little more sage brush than Wi.
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 10:30pm
More I look at it, the better it looks. You need to think of something fast. If anyone else on here finds it, there will be a yard full of bicycles, minibikes, 4-wheelers, and any other form of kid-pleaser. LOL!
Dave A View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 6:04pm
bet if you showed up wit a go kart as a partial trade. It might sell
Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game.
Winston Churchill
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 6:25pm
Find out when the grandson is going to be there, then show up with something to trade. That could be considered underhanded though. LOL
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Cobb View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 7:15pm
I might show up with a mini bike AND a go-cart...!!!... I still cant sleep
BennyLumpkin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BennyLumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 7:17pm
underhanded is understandable in a case like this though. Its a shame to let that beauty sit there....I want a crawler but the girlfriend would think Im nuts, and I keep my stuff at Dads place and I doubt he'd like his yard tore up lol.....when we still had our farm we had an HD4....sweet machine.
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 4:38pm
Looks like you could almost jump on and start it...hope you don't have to "jump thru too many hoops to get it.
bigfish_Oh View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfish_Oh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by kip in cny kip in cny wrote:

they have bees in the summer that could hurt the kid.  See if thair is a nice new bike or toy the kid may like.  Thair has to be some deal.  Or buy his wife a gift card thats worth a few hours of shoping that ='s the amount of time that you could load it in. 

did you say put a bee hive in it?

maybe grease it real good, or armour all it

mail her a flyer about lead paint hazards to children and farm safety from rusty cuts

Grandpa has to need something and will have his limit to put his foot down

township/county ordinance junk violation
1941 WC sat for 29 years,started & dynoed 27 h.p.
1957 WD45 Grandpa bought new,factory p.s.,added wfe
1951 WD, factory p.s.
1960 D14 HnMk IV BkHoe 4 sale
2014 HD Tri Glide
2009 GMC CC SLT Dually
Cobb View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 9:37pm
I'm still work'n on it ....and I love all the pointers..,.something's got to work
JimD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 9:02am
Go back with a can of Deep Creep or Kroil.  Ask if you can at least spray some critical points that tend to lock up.  Empty the whole can on every joint, bolt, and pivot point.  At least you will be protecting it, and maybe they will see your passion and concern for what it is.
JimD
Owner of OKtractor.com PM for an instant response on parts. Open M-F 9-6 Central.

We have new and used parts. 877-378-6543
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic