This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

%&*# oil leakin 7060

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: %&*# oil leakin 7060
    Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 4:22pm
yea, it sprung another (insert lotsa bad words here) hydraulic oil leak.
ya'll might remember I put all new hoses on the steering valve not to long ago, ..well got it going to put up the drill and tractor for the winter, the(more bad words)steering valve started leaking at the steering wheel input shaft, I'm guessing that's what its called.

oh yea, darn thing developed a engine miss just as I was finishing planting to, I cracked all the injector lines, but no cylinder really indicated which one it is, so off comes the rocker cover for a look.

Sponsored Links

shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 9:49pm
well yer all done planting, what else you have to do? (poke,poke)
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 10:17pm
you been listen'in to Les to much!
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 11:10pm
well, I ordered a seal kit, be here middle of next week,,may not get it put in til next spring tho...I really dislike takin the dash all apart....again
got auctions to go to, haven't decided yet to go to the one with the 7580 or one 100 miles the other way, its got a payloader on it I could really use more than another tractor, JandJauction.com

an wadda ya mean, listenin to Les to much
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 6:17am
Wouldn't you think those four steering hoses and the orbitrol shaft seal would last longer than 40 years??
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 9:05pm
Hey DR.,,,I thought they was supposed to last FOREVER..jus cause its 40 don't mean its supposed to leak....lol,...if the darn orbit valve would went first,,,well, I'd prolly changed the hoses to, jus because they were 40 years old and looked like they were gonna go anytime anyway...and yea, next oil change the luberfiner will be disconnected..
I just hate the fact that I hafta take all this crap all apart again,,,an clean up the mess it makes

sidenote,..I kinda like this tractor...but I know the next thing its gonna need, is the PD fixed, its slow to shift to HI an the trans lite don't like to go out til bout 16-1700 rpm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 9:31pm
I heard somewhere there is a 7580 on an auction in your area
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 9:37pm
Michael....Les is always crying about a little, itty, bitty, nuthin leak on his WD.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 9:48pm
hey Shameless,, see the other post,,,7580 for sale

yea, this one makes a BIG mess, been in the cab last 2 times, and I just put in a new floor mat and interior

Edited by Michael V (NM) - 05 Nov 2016 at 9:51pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 10:32pm
you been "beating" that poor tractor???? maybe puts one of them oil/grease soak up mats they puts under gas grills and puts in the cab??? lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic