This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

yes we see it!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yes we see it!
    Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 4:02pm
big green farmer is out advertising his new combine to everyone, has driven past here 3 times now today with it's orange lights flashing! no head on it, just driving it back and forth! wonder what a......would do to all that fiberglass on it?
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 6:59am

I'll bet the poor guy is LOST and havin trouble findin your farm,,,,,,,you bein the fine outstandin citizen you are,,,I'd go out thar and stop him and give him some good  directions,,,,,,,,,,,,,to ole Les's place so he can harvest the last of the Aronias,,,,,,,,,,Clap
 just sayin,,,,,,Wink
charlesbendal View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesbendal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 7:00am
We have a neighbor that parks everything new they get by my parents house so we know they got it
caledonian View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caledonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 7:57am
People that have to do those sort of things are very insecure.
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 9:52am
When people do that type of thing I just ask how they like the nice payment plan that it comes with. It is even more funny when they actually try to brag about the great deal they got shows how clueless they can be. I will stick to the old stuff I own atleast when I pay to fix them I don't have payments to the bank. I just found out one of the big green farmers down the road was "selling" feed last winter. Turned out he was letting the guy who chopped for him take feed because he hadn't paid the guy for 2 years of harvesting.   Needless to say that guy didn't bring all his big fancy equipment and harvest this year. It always seems odd to me how some people will get way over their head to have the latest and greatest with no hope of turning a profit from it. I would rather be small and struggling then large and struggling.   As it is if I can't make the farm pay I can go get a job somewhere and keep the land once you have it mortgaged to buy all that equipment you are stuck. I actually almost feel bad for those people but only almost because they are doing it to themselves.   Also can't understand these farmer who hire people to do all their milking. If you have cows you should want to milk them and be on top of that side of things the milk is your income and reputation.   If your feed or equipment is not the best but your milk is good you are making money. The best tractor in the world won't pay the bills if someone miss manages the cows. OK enough ranting about how other people run their farms.
rob(ont) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob(ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 11:48am
Probly leaving the head in the field and going to the shop for repairs.
caledonian View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caledonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 12:35pm
Dan73 you've got a pretty good grip on life.
Alex09(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 1:47pm
Around here milk dropped from 19 to 16 last week, so I don't expect farmers to be buying new equipment. We will be starting to combine within a month. My neighbor has mostly older equipment (80s era) and he gets by just fine. It is all paid off so he can invest in the cows, instead of making payments to the bank.
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 1:55pm
Yup around here milk was in that same price range in the mid 90s I think it was 16.50 when we got out. With the price of grain and labor here in the north east you just couldn't make money at those prices. We were using equipment that was about 25 to 30 years old back then and paid for. Those old tractors from the 60s to the early 80s where pretty simple machines and would give you years of service if treated well. We where running abiut 120 milking cows back then sometimes this place feels a little like a ghost town now being on the farm alone after my uncle and grandfather passed away. Sometimes I just wonder how they manages to build it up to what it was. But those where different times. I think maybe in another 40 years it will come back but not too fast. For now it just feels like holding the line.
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 1:55pm
My older brother drives a semi for a BTO .They own very little equipment . All combines / large tractors are leased .
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Daehler View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daehler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 3:09pm
I parked my new used purchase where people could see it. Raises commotion. I wonder what the BTO that farms on my fathers place thought when they was going in and out with their equipment. Hope it was a message that his days are numbered on my farm.
8070FWA,7080 BlackBelly, 7045,2 200s,D19,D17,G, WD,45,UC,7 AC mowers and lots more!
"IT TAKES 3 JD's TO OUT DO AN ALLIS, 2 TO MATCH IT IN THE FIELD AND 1 FOR PARTS!"
nickia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 3:14pm
i do the same summit farms puts on one hell of a show parking everything at an angle on the edge of the field for the night just for show i do the same with my old allis i know mines paid for

bigredisb View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigredisb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 3:15pm
Greenstar on the combine is probably having a stroke and running itself.
1961 Allis-Chalmers D15
1949 Farmall Super A
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesbendal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 4:34pm
The problem with new equipment is by the time its 5 years old and your done making payments it's only worth 1/2 what you payed. If you buy an 8000 series Allis Chalmers if you sell it assuming you kept up with maintenance and kept it inside it's worth as much or more than you paid. You can buy 3 nice 8050s for the cost of 1 new 150 horse tractor and chances are they will make no more trouble than the new one.
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 4:38pm
The good thing about the old ones is no electronics to go bad. I have seen more then one of the newer fords shipped back to the dealer on a trade in because they couldn't figure out what was wrong or the dealer told the owner that it would be cheaper to just upgrade to a different tractor.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesbendal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 5:02pm
We have 3 smaller new holland tractors the oldest one is a 2004 2 have been absolute pieces of junk
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 6:44am
2 fairly large (large for our area) multi generation dairy farms have sold the cows because "all the milk does is pay the hired hands to milk cows".

Hmmm.....

So if milking cows pays a wage, why not milk your cows and pay yourself a wage? I guess I don't understand those higher mathematics.

These guys have both switched to cropping only. Now that corn is $3, wonder how smart they feel now?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic