This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gleaner F2 straw walkers setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gleaner F2 straw walkers setup
    Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 11:55am
I have a gleaner f2 long back. Had to replace all the junk smashed straw walkers and bent front crank. Wanted to know how to set the straw walkers and distance from front of the straw walkers to raddle chain. Also replace the backing plate and bearings. Bought this machine last year, its looks at some point back crank broke and was replaced. The front crank was bent and straw walkers got smashed when the crank broke.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 12:22pm
Corn and soybeans?? all the way to the front and pull them back 2 inches.
jason82 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 4:15pm

to be clear I took this picture, the round red circles are the mounting holes on the walker, and the yellow rectangle are the slots in the setback plate, which holes do I mount the walkers to the setback plate, the parts book shows a total of 16 bolts for mounting the walkers to setback plate so only 4 bolts per walker, I really need to get these set right these walkers I had to far for, and the look brand new. will be running beans this year corn next year.
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 11:08pm
when you mount them...put a little slime of grease inside the blocks. then take the drive chain/belt off the outside, tighten down the blocks on the cam, turn the drive cam by hand to make sure there is no binding, should turn freely. I always put one walker bottom dead center and tightened that one down, then the others should be right after that. but still turn by hand, if there is even a small catch or hard to turn spot, you'll tear them up again!
jason82 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 12:02am
Thanks for the info, still looking for info how to mount them what holes to use.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 2:44pm
mount the front first, then put the top block on the rear and check which ones matches up at the rear! not hard. 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 2:47pm
on one of my combines I had to replace a straw walker, it was outta a different size machine but was the same length and width, but the mounting holes were different. I made a plate to bolt to the bottom of the newer walker with an adjustable (slide holes) to attatch it to the cam. worked great!  
jason82 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 3:47pm
I guess my question what is the distance from the raddle chain to the front of the straw walkers when the straw walkers is in the forward position on the crank. So I don't mount them to close to the raddle chain and not damaging them. Since I got no reference to go by.
The original walkers junk had homemade brackets on them, looks they broke as some point so they welded 1/8 plate over the broke section on bottom and drilled holes to mount them to setback plate
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 5:31pm
I've never measured mine...DrAllis...do you know the measurement? that again is where the hand turning comes in, they are offset so not all of them will be in the same place at the same time. i'm sure we're talking 4 straw walkers here total? the cam should be down and back far enough as not to let any of the walkers hit the raddle. and appears they did the same thing I did when mine broke. dad asked me once why I combine at night so much? I told him I combine at night so that when something breaks I have all day to fix the stuff when the parts places are open! lol
jason82 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 8:53pm
Thanks for the info,
I did find some info in the manual so just have to trial and error lol

Was able to track down a original F2 bean screen for the cleaning shoe and if someone is looking for one I know of another one that is for sale
JFREED View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFREED Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 9:17pm
What is that round-holed screen for ?
jason82 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 4:53pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic