This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yesterday's Auction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creek Jenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yesterday's Auction
    Posted: 21 May 2010 at 9:17am
I went to an auction yesterday not too far from WhoVille.

What the helms is with peeple and those little Ford tractors?  An ok looking Minn-Moline with a Du-al loader, cab, tractor was gas and I think 60hp, went for $2400 or $2500.  My neighbor knows the seller, he said this was a really good tractor, really strong.
Industrial diesel Farmall 460 went for I think $2800.
Then they came to a Ford Jubilee 600 or 620 or something like that with an okay loader, nothing great -went for $2900.  There was 6 more Fords there, I had to quit watching.  I know one of them, an 8N, no loader, one bad tire/rim went for $1300.  Crikey that seems high for such a little tractor.
There were two Allis combines, PTO driven.  One looked okay, went for $25, one needed parts went for $10.
3 point disk (fairly light)$550
3 point finish mower, fairly new, $550
48" 3 pt tiller, not sure of brand, chain drive, fairly new $600
I bought a 7' springtooth harrow thingy on tiny steel for $30, a 3 pt version 5' wide went for $120.  I think I did okay.
3 pt subsoiler (I think that is what it was, one guy called it a root cutter) $40.  Lots of tools and other junk - auction went from 9am to 4 or so with 2 rings going.
cheers,
Creek
Sponsored Links

Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 9:40am
   You didn't buy the combines?
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 9:40am
Try buying another tractor that size with a 3pt hitch for less. The true 3pt is what gives them their value. AC,JD,IH,they all bring more because they are newer models. If it wasn't for the 3pt I don't think the Fords would bring much.
chad shafer View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chad shafer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:40am
_popupControl();     That is cheap for a 8N
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 7:23pm
Creek I wished id hav met you , I was there also I probly live about 10 miles from you. Mark
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 8:22pm
I'll bet the combines are both on their way to China shortly.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Dutchboy Johan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchboy Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 7:39am
You are sure that these combines were 1:1 on scale and not 1:64? LOL
---> Better by Design <---

Johan Straver, Almkerk/ Netherlands

Allis-Chalmers 190XT Ser.III #26829XTD
Creek Jenkins View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creek Jenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 3:47pm
Pretty sure the scrap dealer got them.  He almost got my cement mixer, they were going to throw it all together with some scrap.
Mark you going to the auction on Thurs?  I think I will head down there, coupla things I'd like to look at.
cheers,
Creek
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 4:40pm
Creek Dont think  will, but ill be at our club auction this saterday. I always bring my AC forklift and help unload and load.  7 miles east of GR at Blackbeary. Mark.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic