This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got to play today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got to play today
    Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 9:36pm
Few of us got together today and did a little combining. My WD with Cobey/perfection wagon. Cockshott 550 pulling JD combine. MM 900 pulling MM g3 combine. Later on this fall they plan to pick corn. One guy has a Uni-tractor with picker. Guy with MM has a mounted picker. Someone is bringing a sheller.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Sponsored Links

truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 9:42pm

Almost forgot the pictures.

427435 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 427435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 10:13pm
Thanks for the picture of the MM G3.  Dad had one that he bought just before WWII and I can remember it from my early days.  It was traded off on a G4 in the late 40's/early 50's, and I worked with it as a teenager.  Good combines in their day.
Mark

B10 Allis, 917 Allis, 7116 Simplicity, 7790 Simplicity Diesel,
GTH-L Simplicity

Ignorance is curable-----stupidity is not.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 10:20pm
The G3 did twice the job that the green thing did!

CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 10:29pm
G3...how big a header is that?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 10:41pm
Not sure, but gonna guess about 10'. They said it was 4' wider than the JD.

CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 10:49pm
A friend of mine's dad had a MM combine with either a 10' or 12' header. I can't remember. He has the remains of it in his pasture, and it looks a lot like that G3. It had a Hercules engine. 
427435 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 427435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 11:16pm

The G4 had a MM engine on it and a 12' header.  Dad cut it down to 9' to handle 3 rows of 40" beans.  He was afraid of not being able to get close enough to the ground handling 4 rows.  There were no flex heads and height control (other than steel skids and a hydraulic cylinder) back then.

The G4 had a very good cleaning system including a built in weed screen and a separate tank to collect the weed seed in.
Mark

B10 Allis, 917 Allis, 7116 Simplicity, 7790 Simplicity Diesel,
GTH-L Simplicity

Ignorance is curable-----stupidity is not.
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 11:19pm
The attempt to hide the green thing in the pics is noted. 
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 5:31am
hope you didn't have to unload the wagon by scoup shovel! nice pics!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 6:50am
Yes, I did unload by hand. Even supplied my own scoop. Was smart enough to load more to the back though. Wheat moves a lot easier than the hot asphalt (and BS) I'm used to shoveling at work though. Felt good to do a good days work. Although I'm kinda glad it wasn't a bumper crop. 10 acre field, I'm guessing about 30 bu/acre.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 7:00am
By the way, just finished putting a new floor in the wagon about an hour before they started. Didn't quite get it all painted though. Tailgate still needs the frame painted and need to pick up some black for the running gear. The orange is some I got mixed at Menards. The WD was still set up for snow yet to. Had to take off the loader, chains, and comfort cover before I left home.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic