This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just Thinkin'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just Thinkin'
    Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 3:48pm
Was looking at newer machines the last few weeks for a friend, he is looking between a used 455G Deere and a 931 Cat so we have been admiring the crap out there for sale for a price$$.  He doesn't know heavy machinery at all but has farmed all his life and prefers to clear as he can where he can with his own machines so willing to use rentals so far and now wants his own.

ANYWAY, short story longer and more boring, I am admiring how fast all these machines decay away in 15, 20 even 25 years, a 943 Cat looked like it would rust away tomorrow with those new style rails that do not last and thought back to our old monsters, some 50 some 60 years young and managing as they can doing work these machines would never finish.

Just wondered why New Holland division that bought up the Fiat owned side of Allis Construction does not go ahead and manufacture HERE a machine that could revive the old name but under the new company.  Too much?   Too late?  I could easily see 41's rumbling in the remaining mines, smaller crawlers pushing the rest of these junkers out to pasture.
Sponsored Links

Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 4:26pm
It is about business and taxes. Manufacture it cheap. Buy it expensive, work it hard, write it off and move on.
Archie Bunker
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 5:00pm
AC and Fiat worked out a deal to fill the holes in their product line with pipe layers and the HD10 I believe than kind of merging other as AC folded heavy equipment as dealer network lost support as well as pulling regional warehousing and going to Central Distribution out of Chicago.
 Fiat New Holland brought dealer networks back into play but then the Case / New Holland along with the sale of Case Industrial into Fiat - same with the merging of Ford / New Holland into the grouping .
 I bought my Fiat Allis FD5 with 6 way dozer way cheaper than a Cat D4 at about 1/2 the price and it's a good machine - Now with the New Holland dozers -unsure of how or what the reputation is or how the parts supplies are .   
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic