This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD5 Brake Linings.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve (MT) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD5 Brake Linings.
    Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 9:24pm
I am looking for a source for HD5 crawler brake linings. I have a old machine to rivet them to the bands just need to find the linings. Thanks, for your time and please let me know.
Sponsored Links

donoman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 11:42pm
General gear in Idaho have linings and rivets and bands if needed . check there website steering clutch .com
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 5:49am
Check locally there may be a place that actually relines brakes and clutches. Ask an auto parts store if there is a local brake shop and ask where they send their returned brake shoes to be relined. Shops like
Buffalo Clutch in Cheektowaga, NY can rebuild really hard to find clutches and brakes. If these shops go out of business it is a real loss.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 4:07pm
believe McMaster Carr sells brake band material also in bulk - try their web site . 
you will need to drill it and countersink for rivet heads yourself .
I found a set of new linings on IH TD6 bands - redrilled to fit HD5 spacing 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 11:30pm
Steve, there is a guy on the forum here that goes by Rick, that does all kinds of re-lining of brakes and clutches. He could possibly help you out. Not sure how to summon him, but maybe someone here will see this and hook you up with him. Darrel
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 12:36am
Ph # for Rick is 636-488-5662 cell 314- 479- 7757 e-mail rickinmo@socket.net
Steve (MT) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve (MT) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 1:25am
[QUOTE=darrel in ND]Steve, there is a guy on the forum here that goes by Rick, that does all kinds of re-lining of brakes and clutches. He could possibly help you out. Not sure how to summon him, but maybe someone here will see this and hook you up with him. Darrel

Hello Darrel, I want to thank everyone who posted. I ordered  them from General Gear and they should be here Tuesday. Darrel, we are having a dozer day this weekend on the 11th & 12th. Primitive camping and it is located 2 miles east of Miles City on hwy 12. Everyone is welcome, no charge. Bring a crawler or wheel tractor, tumble bug, scraper or just a lawn chair. There will be yellow crawlers, orange crawlers, red crawlers and wheel tractors. We are just going to play in the dirt and have fun. As I said everyone is welcome. Plenty of good modern motels in Miles City. If you want more info give me a call at (406) 486 5462. Early or late is best.
Darrel, this would be a good chance to stop out and look at crawlers. Bring a crawler and your friends. As I said everyone is welcome .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic