This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need D19 hyd pump or parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need D19 hyd pump or parts
    Posted: 18 May 2016 at 9:16am
I pulled the pump out of my D19 and this is what I found

All 3 rollers for the big plungers are ground down to nothing even though the plungers are free and operate smoothly by hand. The roller for the traction booster plunger is still good.

I had a bad feeling when the shavings, grindings and chunks started falling out when the sump came off. It appears the rollers might have frozen up but someone with more experience might know better. The cam in the tractor still looks good.

The "good" news is AGCO still has the rollers, but the bad news is they're $382 each. I'm hoping to find a good used pump or at least some rollers. And if anyone has any idea why the rollers did this in the first place and if there is anything else I should be looking at, I'd appreciate it.

AGCO My Allis Gleaner Company
Sponsored Links

Dave in il View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 9:50am
That was fast, I found the used rollers at Austin Farm Salvage
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 10:10am
Make sure your came is really good, My pump had an ear broke off, think it was from not being tight and then it bounced around under there till it screwed the cam lobes up and the the pump is junk..  
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
nevans View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 11:34am
Dave also if you find you need a pump there are two different ones casting numbers are the same Niel
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:08pm
I'll hate to see the pictures, of the cam, above that pump.  Oil starvation prolly is the issue...
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 4:28pm

So the cam looks OK to me, why would the 3 rollers for the large plungers stick but not the roller for the smaller TB plunger. It seems fine and rolls freely.

While the pump is out should I tear it apart and other than anything obviously wrong, what should I replace? The plungers seem to move smoothly.

Just in case my pump turns out to be bad, my tractor is an early one and the pump changed on later tractors, does anybody know if they interchange?
nevans View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 4:36pm
Dave you might want and check the plungers closer might be scarring on them or in the pump channels they may have stuck Niel
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 6:06pm
Ya lucked out on the cam...  looks like the roller cages were hitting the shaft part of the cam.  Might be stuck plungers or loose pump, that caused it to grenade, like that...
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by nevans nevans wrote:

Dave you might want and check the plungers closer might be scarring on them or in the pump channels they may have stuck Niel

So I should probably disassemble the pump to be sure.
NICKMI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NICKMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 8:22pm
When the pump on my d17 looked like yours I used cam followers out of a wd donor pump just an idea
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 11:29pm
I've got my new/used rollers

But I've hit a snag, they practically glued the sump on and we had a heck of a time getting it loose. In the process one side of the screen stuck and tore when the sump came down.

The screen is NLA from AGCO, my dealer did a search and no other dealer has one, and they even checked with a place that buys overstock and old parts. So if anybody has one of these even used let me know.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 5:01am
You might have to glue one up, yourself...  Looks like 2 gaskets with a screen between them.  Hard part is counting the wires in the screen, to determine the mesh number of the screen...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic