This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Would like some HD11 information

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferdinand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would like some HD11 information
    Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 2:39pm
Found an HD11 for sale. It's really too far away for me to consider buying but, I'm curious to learn a little about these machines. Seems the -11 is still a viable workhorse? I've seen quite a few for sale around the country.
Serial number: HD11EP-14132. Just below that on the data plate is:  11-16320

Curious about the drive, "P" is for powershift????
Parts availability, engine durability?
Any anecdotal information is appreciated.

Edited by Ferdinand - 19 Apr 2016 at 2:51pm
Sponsored Links

Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 8:42pm
HD11EP is the powershift model.  The other number is the engine serial number.  That would be a later model EP with the Rockford torque converter, still a viable work horse, yes.  Good engine, parts availability not what it used to be, but you can still get what you need 
"here and there".
Ferdinand View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferdinand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 6:19am
Thanks!  I think the guy will sell it very cheap. He said he doesn't know what the value is and is looking for offers. He 'inherited' the dozer and doesn't know much about them.
The shipping cost to get it 1200 miles to my house kind of sours the deal. But, I have seen HD11's for sale closer. Maybe something will show up near me.
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 12:19pm
That's the part that soured the deal on a few hd11s is the shipping unless the blade is removed it has to have a permit to be hauled and when truckers say permit they say $$$$$
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 3:43pm
if you are not interested--- might post location on here one of the guys might be very interested, thus a thought.
Ferdinand View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferdinand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 9:03pm
That's an excellent thought. That would be remiss of me not to share that information with the folks on this forum.
Check out the Oklahoma City craigslist, it's either under Heavy Equipment or Farm&Garden, type in: bulldozer.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 10:33pm
Couldn't find it in OK City, any other ideas?
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Ferdinand View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferdinand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 10:40pm
It's under Farm &Garden    http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/grd/5533265079.html

allis chalmers bulldozer

The ad says "serious calls only". He doesn't list a phone number, I emailed him and he said he forgot to post a number. His email reply had this as a signature:
Brandon L. Boyd 
Owner/ President
P.O. Box 785/ 1006 Airport Rd.
Holdenville, OK 74848
405.379.5252 Office

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic