This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B Rear Plow Linkage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B Rear Plow Linkage
    Posted: 01 May 2010 at 10:12pm
I've been trying to find a good picture on the internet of how the plow hooks up to the back of a B. I can find pictures with the hand lift but that setup appears to be a little different, or maybe just the older B's were a little different? Mine's a '39. Anybody have a good pic they can post? Just curious, thanks!

I have an interesting ditch-digger plow that a previous owner rigged up for this tractor, but I know it's not the proper setup. Someday I'll take a pic of that rig. I do however have the correct drawbar up front. Down the road I plan on getting the correct plow for it. Here's what my rear lift shaft looks like... it may not even be compatible with the standard plow anymore after the modifications.

1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
Sponsored Links

GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 8:23am
There were at leat 3 versions of the B pickup plow, before they settled on what is the most common design. There was a '38 version, a '38/39 version and a version in 1940. The Dealer Parts Manual for the B pickup plow shows all the types, you might try to find one of those books....
Rick of HopeIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick of HopeIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 8:31am

1951 B, 1937 WC, 1957 D14, -- Thanks and God Bless
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick of HopeIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 8:35am

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick of HopeIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 8:51am
This may show the rockshaft better.  It still has part of the plow lift bolted on, that part comes off on mine...

wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 11:10am
Okay, so the above pictures are from the 1940-onward setup? And I'll need to look for a 38/39, correct?

I notice how the rockshaft supports curve upward on your tractor, whereas mine sit pretty much right on top the fender supports.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 7:32pm
yes, the rockshaft supports on the later tractors are much taller than the early ones, like you show in your picture.

The earliest plow had a hole on the bracket on the front of the beam that the round plow drawbar went through.  The next version used the detachable bracket on the drawbar that the plow beam pinned to, I believe. If I were not so hot and tired tonight I would go dig out the book and give you more details, but I am beat... and just want to sit here a while...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic