This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Off topic and color but here goes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Off topic and color but here goes
    Posted: 01 May 2010 at 8:07pm
Ladies and Gentlemen,  I have been asked by a friend to give them a price on a Farmall H.  It is a 1946 with belly mower, pull mower, loader, and three point hitch.  From the picture it looks clean with good tin.  Looks like it has never been painted but looks good. Tires almost new.  Frankly, a nice looking unit. 
I went to ytmag and got indications of prices from $ 500 to $ 1100. 
Sounds low to me for a running tractor with equipment. 
If you can give me some ideas I would appreciate it.  I would like to help my friend even with Red.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Sponsored Links

DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 8:54pm
Hi Bill!

Well, if it's a good runner, doesn't smoke, and has good tires, with that equipment, I'd say it's well worth the top noted value, if not more.  I wouldn't be the least bit afraid to list something like that for $1600.
Rick of HopeIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick of HopeIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 9:09pm
My repressed Farmall lovin gene says buy it. I like them old tall ones.  My opinion many of the farm paint jobs were bad so that is a good thing if not repainted...

1951 B, 1937 WC, 1957 D14, -- Thanks and God Bless
bigfish_Oh View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfish_Oh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 9:37pm
my more rookie opinion is you can always come down to 1600, 1600 sounds like a bargain, I would much prefer it not be painted, than like 2 of mine are.
1941 WC sat for 29 years,started & dynoed 27 h.p.
1957 WD45 Grandpa bought new,factory p.s.,added wfe
1951 WD, factory p.s.
1960 D14 HnMk IV BkHoe 4 sale
2014 HD Tri Glide
2009 GMC CC SLT Dually
gary ny View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary ny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 9:39pm
Bill I got $2800 for the on in the picture 3 yrs ago .One with origanal paint and a mower has to have a better value then 1400 
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 5:34am
Bill a friend of mine collected farmalls and his wife auctioned them off last spring. They had 5 H's and one was a super H. They all brought between 700 and 750 without equipment. I think they made more of them than any other tractor of the time.
Rick of HopeIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick of HopeIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 7:51am
I did not read close.   Those Farmalls usually don't go high here in the midwest, under $1000.  No three point, too tall for yard work.  But if  it is a good runner with some equipment they get get more if the find the right buyer.  Parking it by the road will not bring big money but maybe ads in collector sites like YT photo ads
1951 B, 1937 WC, 1957 D14, -- Thanks and God Bless
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 2:01pm
Thank you gentlemen for the imput.  Yes, they made 391,227 of them before the super H.  Your information confirms what I have found too.
Thanks again.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 2:10pm
saw two sell yesterday at auction.  Both restored and looked very nice.  Narrow front went for $1,300.  Wide front for $2,950.  A restored M went for $2,000 and a neighbor sold his repainted M for $1.850 recently.  These were all very nice looking and running tractors.
weiner43 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 4:50pm
If it was closer and if I had the money and if mama didn`t mind, if, if,,, well you all know the old old story. I was born on an H Farmall.
God bless our troops and the United States of America.

Pick your rut well, you may be in it a long time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic