This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Decals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Decals
    Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 9:20pm
Was wondering if anyone is making decals for our old dozers? Was thinking when I get my HD5B up and running, I might slap a coat of paint on it and put some new decals on it.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Sponsored Links

wayneIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayneIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 1:43am
I had a local vinyl decal shop make mine, just took pictures and measurements in and they made them for me.
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 8:14am
If I could I would. Problem is, previous owner painted it at one time and painted over everything, including hood emblem and the operating instructions on the dash.

AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 10:37am
Darwin, Wayne's right about that. Most any good sign shop could do that. Yes if you don't have a picture or the right font you might need some help. The parts book will give you the different sizes for the different locations. We had some made that look like this. photo P1010008_zpszrlndgeg.jpg
We even had ours done with white and black like it was from the factory photo P101001155_zps0bv4giny.jpg
If you get that paint on and can't find something that will work let us know. I don't remember what they cost, they weren't horribly expensive. Our sign guy has strict instructions to store and categorize these for different tractors that we do.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 2:54pm
You might try Maple Hunter for decals??
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
wayneIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayneIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 9:09pm
I get a chance, I'll try to get the pictures and dimensions off of mine, as far as I know they are basically correct except the shift pattern was made ad-lib. 
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 12:55am
Thanks guys for the info and pics.
I think that's the first time that I have seen one with the white outline.

wayneIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayneIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 10:05pm
I appologize for taking so long to get back with the measurements, seems I can't get ahead for being behind.
On the Fuel tank, the Allis Chalmers measures 12" long, and the HD 5 Diesel is 9 3/4" long, all the letters are 1 1/4" tall except the tall A and the S as seen in the pictures.

The Tracto Shovel decal on the loader bucket cylinder linkage measures 2 3/4" tall for the T and the S with the rest of the letters measuring 1 1/2" tall, overall length is 14"

The  hood Allis Chalmers uses a 3 3/4" tall A and S for the taller letters, and the rest of the letters measure 3" tall, overall length is 30 3/8".

The battery box decals are the same as the fuel tank decal.  I used some measurements of the old decals that were still there, and estimated the rest.

Jean View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 10:34pm
I have an HD5 in France. Please, where i can buy decals to restore it ?
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 2:11am
Re "If I could I would. Problem is, previous owner painted it at one time and painted over everything, including hood emblem and the operating instructions on the dash."

Learnt from sailplanes.

You can remove normal paint (not 2 pack type as far as I know) a layer at a time - 

You make a towel pad backed with kitchen wrap, soak it in acetone and hold over the paint area.  The time has to be set by experiment for long enough to soften the layer you want removed.  Then scrape gently.

Never tried it over a decal though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic