This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snap coupler field cultivator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis2766 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snap coupler field cultivator
    Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 9:33pm

I just bought a 1967 d17 series iv, now I need some equipment. The tractor has the snap coupler setup, can anyone tell me if the field cultivator in the picture will fit it? (Hopefully I did this right and there's a picture)
Sponsored Links

truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 9:58pm
Looks like one built by Oxnard. Should fit. Guessing about 9' wide?
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
nickia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 10:00pm
yes it will mine has more brackets that bolt to the hitch with the brackets on  you almost have to spin your wheels out for the brackets to clear with out them you should be fine

Travis2766 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis2766 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 4:48am
I'm told its 12 feet wide, local guy has it for sale and is asking $500 seems a bit high, I guessing $300-350.
TedBuiskerN.IL. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TedBuiskerN.IL. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 7:56am
The price is in line for the item pictured.  Actually in the literature, Allis calls that a "chisel plow".  It is not very common.  I had one at one time, used it and found you do need the wheels all the way out, or side draft will cause it to hit the tires.  It needs a system to prevent sway as the chisel plow encounters different types of soil.  Wish I still had mine.

Most problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives.
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 7:56am
I paid $600 for mine and didn't realize it was missing gauge wheels.
Wheels must be spun out all the way. Unless it's just not in the picture, it's missing the sway bar. The rear tires actually go between the forward shanks. without some sort of sway control, it will shift and gouge the tires. I made a bar for my wd45 from pictures and measurements a forum member sent me. The bar for a D-17 would have to be different.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 7:58am
Travis2766 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis2766 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 9:29am

Here's another picture, it doesn't look like it has a bracket for the stabilizer
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 1:55pm
I'm sure you could take some chain and make an 'X' to each lift arm. Some other implements did it that way.
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 8:06pm
I have one also.  The lift hitch on mine is different.   
No time to take photos....dark already.
Have to do a bunch of flying and won't be back to where the machine is parked for a few days.  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic