This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New exhaust manifolds for 426

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmypuller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New exhaust manifolds for 426
    Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 12:36pm
I split my center exhaust housing Saturday nite and I'm looking to replace it . Was it Dr allis who made adapters to put a 400 series ih exhaust manifold on a 426? Otherwise does anyone make a decent header at a reasonable price? Going to switch to an s3 at this time.
Sponsored Links

injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 12:28pm
Crank machine service down by St. Louis has their own re-cast series 1 D21 style, one piece exhaust manifold. It is a nice piece, and I think it would be worth the $1500! Dan Karpel gets on here once in a while.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Gary(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 3:17pm
I have complete manifold F-S It has one of the mounting ears for the exhaust elbow broken I can send pictures of it $100 Gary 920 two53 819two
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 7:09pm
It'd be pretty hard to beat the performance (and price) of IH 66-86 series exhaust manifold. Thousands of IH Pulling tractors have been built in the last 40 years using that exhaust manifold, so why anyone would think they could do any better??? The only one better in my mind would be an IH truck manifold, which mounts the turbo to the side of the engine, eliminating one more turn of the exhaust gas flow. Make your 1 inch thick spacer blocks and get on with it.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 7:15pm
Do they flow that much better?
timmypuller View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmypuller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 2:47pm
thanx for the info guys. Heidtman salvage has the series 2 center section brand new for $250. Fits perfectly. Still looking at the ih manifold . Even the grand nationals still use them I think. Hart's in Fayette says they've never found anything better and they've tested a lot of different setups on their dyno
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 4:10pm
EXACTLY.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic