This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

price to paint a min-til

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: price to paint a min-til
    Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 10:18pm
was wondering what it would cost to put a new paint job on a 7 shank min-til. Any info. would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links

DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 10:56pm
depends how good you want it to look...
Dans 7080 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dans 7080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 12:57am
It could be brush painted fairly cheap. Maybe $100-$150 (that might even be high) to a good (show quality) dismantle, prep, and spray $300-$500(maybe more). Where are you located, I have some other paint work i want to do this summer. I would be interested in doing it if it would work out for you.

Dan

Edited by Dans 7080 - 09 Apr 2010 at 1:00am
orangereborn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangereborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 1:05am
rmh...I am rebuilding a 11 shank Allis 1500.  Hope to get ready to paint this weekend.  Just sat down to look up if it would be corporate orange and cloud white or PP2 and cream.  This one looks like PP2 but dont know if they were around before corporate orange.  Any thoughts?

Dale
Dans 7080 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dans 7080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 1:24am
Orange, The 1500 min-till was still in production in 1985 when the plant closed, so it would be corporate orange. I have never seen one with any shade of white on it, the frame was orange and the shanks and disks black.

Dan
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangereborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 9:18am
Dan...No white wheels?   Here is some of the trim....Dale
skipwelte View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skipwelte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 9:22am
Dale, Min Tils came out after the change to corporate orange and new white. They may have been using water base paint too by then so it fads quickly like my 2000 series 4 bottom plow.  HTH
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangereborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 10:10am
Skip...Would that be the "new white" like on the Gleaner cabs or "cloud white?"  I was going to bite the bullet and use AGCO paint but if that is what is on there now, maybe re-think.  I have a Green friend and he brushes Sikkens right from the can and it looks great and stays green.  Spring getting ready there?  TIA   Dale
Dans 7080 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dans 7080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 11:01am
I stand corrected Orange, I wasnt even thinking about the white wheels! I did know there was white on the decals but its kinda hard to change the color of those.

Dan
skipwelte View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skipwelte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 2:47pm
Yup Dale, new white is the original color back in the day.  I mentioned the other day that cloud white was an Oliver color, Injpumped let me know that cloud white replaced new white and that the Oliver color is clover white.     I still had a partial quart of new white up until last year when I used it on the 185 wheels.  Thats my story and Im stickin to it!!!!!!!!!!   HTH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic