This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mag power steering drive

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mag power steering drive
    Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 4:56pm
Is there a power steering pump/mag or distributor drive  or a generator/power steering pump that will fit on a WD/WD-45? I seem th remember someone saying that there was one on a Farmall that would work. I have a P/S unit for a WD, but no pump. In any case i think a mag or generator drive pump would be a cleaner installation
Sponsored Links

Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 4:59pm
 I have a D17  PS pump that is intregal with the dist. drive.  Is that what you mean?
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Gary in da UP Gary in da UP wrote:

I have a D17  PS pump that is intregal with the dist. drive.  Is that what you mean?
Yep, that's what I'm talking about. I actually didn't think of a D-17, that should fit a WD. I was just wondering if there were other sources, too, so that when I go looking I know what to look for.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 6:15pm
Lou, My SIL has his M sitting out back. It has a live pump between the front housing and the distributor. I have threatened to rob it and put it on the 35 WC when I get her going.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
GregLawlerMinn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregLawlerMinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 8:42am
From a post on the old forum.

Unofficial Allis Forum

Topic: tips on using parts from other colors. Randy v 6/4/2004 2:48:24 AM
I know that all you guys are diehard orange but I love all old tractors and the older the better. one thing that I have found out is that some parts will interchange from other brands. Did you know that you can replace the mag on a wc or wd with a distributer from a H or M farmall. I have 2 WD's that get about 750 hours a year on them for 3 years with IH dist. if you want live hydralics, you can put hydralic pump from a 300 or 400 series farmall on but you will also have to use a super m or h upright dist to clear the oil filter. I have a styled wc with a dual loader a wd wide front, the generator and power steering of a 444 Massy Harris, a 350 IH hyd. pump and super m dist., and foot brakes from a wd . Also, i just seen a post that spoke of round spoke rear wheels. these wheels were made by F&H and are the same wheels that were put on f-20 farmalls and GP john deeres. in fact, i have an f-20 i bought with round spokes and an unstyled WC i bought with f-20 rear steel. Hope you can use some of this info to keep your ac's working!
232219RE: tips on using parts from other colors. Red 6/4/2004 6:54:58 AM
Good tips
232228RE: tips on using parts from other colors. LawlerMinn 6/4/2004 7:46:32 AM
I use the term "refurbish" for my tractors. Original AC parts, new or used, are costly. Did't kbow about the hydraulic pump and distributor swaps; good to know as there are a lot of red parts tractors around. Adding live power and replacing the magneto just might be a winter project for me. Thanks Randy.
232232RE: tips on using parts from other colors. Dusty MI 6/4/2004 8:01:27 AM
I knew about the distributor swap, it had been mentioned on here once or twice, because of that I had wondered about the hydraulics. How about the hydraulic from the IHC C, the pump mounts the same way?

Dusty
232236RE: tips on using parts from other colors. John (MO) 6/4/2004 9:01:48 AM
Great tips!!! Now, how about posting some pictures of the swaps you have mentioned? When the picture archives works, that is.
232244RE: tips on using parts from other colors. Randy v 6/4/2004 4:24:28 PM
dusty,
i believe that a c pump will work. the only thing that matters is that it is the correct rotation and as far as i know, the w9 through 650 gas were the only ones that turn backwards from all the rest.
232302RE: tips on using parts from other colors. Randy v 6/4/2004 4:39:57 PM
dusty,
just got to thinking about your question. if you have a dist. pump on a ihc c, it would have to be aftermarket. only the number series had dist. pumps. it could probably be a behlen pump though and if so, it will fit but check it out first because they are almost impossible to get seals for according to my neighbor.
232306RE: tips on using parts from other colors. John (AZ) 6/4/2004 7:25:51 PM
A few more parts that will interchange are the clutch plate and pressure plate and throwout bearing between a WC allis and a H farmall, I used the entire clutch from a parts H I bought to replace the clutch in my WC although the clutch springs seem a bit stiffer.
Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 9:16am
Here is M+W Live power pump on CA? D-10/12? Guess there was a Mag. drive version also, bet these are hard to find
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic