This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

shuttle clutch help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craigk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shuttle clutch help
    Posted: 03 May 2015 at 7:46am
Just purchased a I600 with problems. It barely moves in either dorection, I pulled the cover off for the shuttle clutch and found that 2 of the 3 spots where the shims go the shims fell out. Does anyone know where I can find a kit with all new shims? is there a good place to buy parts for these tractors? I have been looking around the Internet with little luck of finding much of anything for this tractor. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links

Randy(Mo) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy(Mo) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 5:43pm
The clutch is the same thing as a 2 speed in a D-15 or D14, there are people parting these tractors out you can get the shims from. I have bought complete clutches for $50 in past years. I have seen on youtube the process of setting on up with the shims.
Mo Allis Club member
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 3:23pm
I did the HD3 a few years ago. The same clutch as the I600 & 615. If the shuttle is slipping, more than likely the discs are bad. The shims esseentially maintain the engageed/disengaged gap which if I rember correctly is about .040. If you have one stack up of shims that are in tact, measure them as you will move these shims of the same thickness back and forth in the housing to maintain the .040 in the clutch pack both forward and reverse. This is done in all locations on the circumference of the clutch housing. It is best to have the manual for this operation. I used the HD3 manual on this repair.
Curt Anderson
HD3, HD5B, HD6E, HD6AG,HD6B dozer, I-400, 615, 616,(2) 620, 720, ACP25 lift truck, 1956 D Special Grader, AC 540 loader, AC 655 crawler loader, AC #84 plow, Simplicity lawn tractors.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic