This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2010 Allis Chalmers AC130

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc0612 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2010 Allis Chalmers AC130
    Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 9:03am
Hello!  I've had a Simplicity 3100 for many years but I'm looking to upgrade.  I mow approximately 3/4 acre with trees and landscaping.  I've been looking at new/newer Simplicities but then the AC's caught my eye as a friend has one and loves it.  As it turns out he's moving and wants to sell it.  It's a 2010 AC130 (42" deck, 23HP, no AWS) and he has taken very good care of it.  He's asking $900.  Is this mower worth it?  It's hard to find anything substantial in the way of reviews so trying to get some good honest (albeit maybe slightly biased LOL) opinions.

Thank you!
Doc
Sponsored Links

den/southern illinoi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote den/southern illinoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 12:05pm
I have one and like it.  Is the price right?  You'd have to price new mowers of the same size and horsepower to see what they cost but I don't think it's too bad.  That's my 2 cents worth.   Den

Own 5 720 garden tractors with associated equipment,1 620 garden tractor, 4 wheel 20
2-5015, 5020 and associated equipment and 2 electric forklifts.
Doc0612 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc0612 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 12:42pm
Thanks Den!  I did price new ones and they run $1800 - $2000 though I found a 46" for just over a grand, but I believe those have been discontinued.  Not sure if that's true.  I did find a 2009 AC130 for $1400, which kind of adds to my confusion or maybe curiosity;  $1400 for a 2009 and $900 for a 2010...?

I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone has experience with this particular year/model and, since it's 5 years old, is it worth the $900 asking price.  It seems so but I'm hoping others weigh in with their thoughts.

den/southern illinoi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote den/southern illinoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 4:57pm
You will find used prices all over the place.  I bought mine used 3 years ago with less than 7 hours on it for $1000.00.  Reason so low...the guys parents did not use it any more.  He had bought it for them and it was just sitting there unused.  Den

Own 5 720 garden tractors with associated equipment,1 620 garden tractor, 4 wheel 20
2-5015, 5020 and associated equipment and 2 electric forklifts.
Dgrader View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dgrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 8:13pm
I think 900 is a good deal on it. It's a good mower. Your neighbor's giving you a deal so he don't have to advertise or take it with him.
Ya cain't fix stupid.
Doc0612 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc0612 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 1:07pm

Thanks guys!  I really appreciate the feedback.  You're right, he definitely doesn't want to move it (going from fairly large yard to virtually none).  I thought the $900 seemed like a good price but it's sometimes hard to be sure without others to compare. 

Thanks again!

HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 6:42pm
its a good price around here,   and even better that you have  seen it being used so you should know about any issuses
Doc0612 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc0612 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 8:48am
Thanks HudCo!  I really appreciate the reply.  I bought it yesterday.  To top it off, he just put a new battery in it, changed the oil and filled it with gas.  It's good to have friends like that :)
Doc0612 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc0612 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 8:49am
And gave me a beer! 
LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 8:14am
GOOD FRIEND!!!!!!
"My name is Lionel and I'm an Allisoholic"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic