This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190 power director

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dswall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190 power director
    Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 8:29pm
I was pulling this weekend and the tractor was going down the track and soon as the sled starts to load the tractor the power director feels like it goes into neutral, tractor slows down a little bit then it kicks back into gear. I'm running in 3rd high and I have tried it in low range and it did the same thing! My power director pressure is set at 320 and I have a new main clutch. I have used this tractor in the field and never had a problem. Any help?
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 9:38pm
As you describe it, sounds like the foot clutch is slipping and when the pads warm up and get hot, they finally "grab" the flywheel and slippage stops. 6-pad clutch disc ?? or 4-pad ??
Dswall View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dswall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 9:43pm
It's a 6 pad. I have heavy springs in the pressure plate and flywheel resurfaced. The pads on the clutch have about 20% more surface area than the stock clutch. It was my first pull with this clutch.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 9:50pm
Thank you for proving my clutch disc argument. 4-pads will transmit more torque/HP than 6-pads !!
Dswall View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dswall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 9:12am
Sorry it's my mistake. I did several clutches that week and I am running a 4 pad. The pads are about 20% larger than stock. Sorry I mis spoke earlier.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 2:03pm
20% larger than stock pads would require probably 20% more spring pressure to be able to hold the same HP. Flywheel depth should be 1.437" or LESS like 1.4300" is what I like. Each pressure plate finger has to be "level" with the pressure plate when assembled for maximum squeeze. It doesn't sound like Power Director clutch slippage to me, but I'm not there.
Dswall View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dswall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 3:09pm
I'll pull the clutch and check it out. Thank you for the help! I will keep you posted!
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 3:27pm
I know if I were you, I'd tie or clamp something on the PTO shaft, so that you can see that it is running from the seat. Start the tractor and put the transmission in 7-8 gear. Full throttle with the foot clutch up and PTO running. Engage the hand clutch full forward and if the engine doesn't STALL, does the PTO stop turning or not???????????? If the PTO stays running, the PD is slipping. If the PTO stops turning, the foot clutch is slipping. DIAGNOSE IT FIRST.
Dswall View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dswall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 3:32pm
I tried that and it will stall before the PTO stops turning. I had a new clutch shop build this clutch and maybe it is more than they can handle!
AC200Puller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC200Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 6:25pm
Run a 4 pad and a heavy spring setup it will stick just fine . When I watched you pull I would have put money on the foot clutch as there was smoke coming from the flywheel housing.
Dswall View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dswall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 6:51pm
After the farm show pull I pulled the clutch out and there was oil on the clutch, throw out bearing was out along with the pilot bearing. I took everything to a clutch shop and told them to make it bullet proof. The resurfaced the flywheel new springs on pressure plate and new 4 pad disc. I ran it on the farm for a few hours to get some use on the clutch before my next pull. We pulled 2 days ago and as soon as it gets a load, about 3/4 of the way down the track the tractor makes a pop and loses drive. After it slows down a touch it bites again and tries to go. Does the same in low and high. I have tried the pto trick with the power director and the pto will slow down as the engine lugs but won't stop. The tractor doesn't try to spin the tires either. I'm going to split it tomorrow and keep digging until I find something!
O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 7:47pm
Do you have any video of this run? Not that that would help diagnose what your issue is, but it might help.

Edited by O.P.S. Heads - 10 Mar 2015 at 7:47pm
Dswall View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dswall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 9:12pm
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b44/MElliott5511/IMG_0576.mp4%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b44/MElliott5511/th_IMG_0576.mp4%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D
Beirnesy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beirnesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 9:32pm

Nice looking XT btw

Edited by Beirnesy - 12 Feb 2017 at 8:51am
1969 220,1967 190DXT,1968 190DXT, LGT's 710,,716
Dswall View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dswall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 9:35pm
I can't figure it out. I used copy and paste
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 4:14am
Wheres the oil coming from ? Rear seal ?
Dswall View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dswall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:13am
Oil was coming from rear seal. The guy I bought the tractor from had the seal in backwards.
Dswall View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dswall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:19am
Split tractor today and main clutch looks great. No wear or hot spots. Flywheel measures 1.47
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:38am
1.437 " or less....not 1.47
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:41am
Dang Dustin, too much power! Like Dr says, if the step is machined wrong(too tall in this case), that will not clamp it worth a crap! 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Ronnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 11:12am
I can't pull up video
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic