This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 917
    Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 3:02pm
does anybody on here own/use a 917?---I never see that model mentioned!---mine was re-powered with a 18 hp motor, BUT the guy threw in the old 17 hp motor saying it needed to be re-built.
Also how about owning a little 516 riding mower! I have now found a running motor to put in the one I have! thanks; ac fleet
Sponsored Links

acer View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 3:46pm
i have a green deutz allis 917 i bought new many years ago. very good machine 
Bret (OH) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bret (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 6:21am
Yes, we have three.  I mow with one, Mom mows with one, and the nicest one we have is one my Grandpa bought new in about 1982.  All have 48" decks.
Edit: This is the one I use.

Edited by Bret (OH) - 04 Mar 2015 at 6:23am
David Maddux View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Maddux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 6:57am
I have one that I repowered with a briggs vanguard motor. Nice machine. I have mower deck, snow blower, tiller attachment, and cab for it.
TL12A View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TL12A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 11:16am
They are incredible machines! Posi. differential makes it perfect for running a snowblower and their mower deckes disperse grass beautifully' Dan
talntedmrgreen View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talntedmrgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 6:51am
I have one and love it....found it a handful of years back locally, in prestine original condition.  Fella bought it new just to leave at his cabin up north, but said he never really had 'grass' to mow up there, and after nearly 30 years, his family had all grown up and moved away, and so no more need for the cabin.

A good friend begged me for it, and so I sold it.  Last fall, he decided he wasn't using it enough, so I bought it back!  I did paint the rims AGCO pearl grey...I like how it goes with the orange and brushed silver hood stripe.

I just did the trouble-shooting to install a sicklebar on it last week and took a couple pics...factory power steering and all:

Patterson B1*B1/B1Forklift*B10*BigTen/B1Loader*B110*B208*B206*616*Homelite T16H/T8/T7/RM7E*Landlord/Loader/Trencher*Broadmoor717*Serf525*2110*7790*Legacy XL*Twin 20*Squire9*Squire6*JCPenny 494
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 7:05am
Mine has bar tires and wheel weights on it.---you have a really nice looking 917 in the pics! thanks ; ac fleet
snowman(MI) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 7:28pm
I have a good looking 917 with mower deck and front blade that I would like to sell. I picked up a 919 with blower and deck, thus I don't need the 917. PM for details and pictures. Located 20 miles north of Grand Rapids, Michigan
1950 WD, 1966 D-10 III, 1961 D-10 II, 1966 D-15 II Gas, A-C Minibike, 917 Hydro Mower, 917 Hydro Blower w/cab, West Michigan "Allis Express"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic