This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7000 trans input shaft

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob C IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7000 trans input shaft
    Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 6:48pm
What is the tooth count on input shaft of trans tha drives countershaft? Needin new gears to overdrive 4 th in the 3rd spot. Also if anyone has the 3rd gear set let me know. Black belly 7000!
Sponsored Links

O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 9:33pm
Input gear driver (top)- 19 teeth
Input gear driven (bottom)- 35 teeth
Third gear driver (bottom) 23 teeth
Third gear driven (top) 27 teeth.

That is what they are on a 180 - 200. Although the shafts and shift lugs and shift couplers are different on a 7000 transmission, I think the ratios / tooth counts remain the same. If you want a gear over road gear / direct drive you will need to change both the input gear pair and 3rd gear pair.
Bob C IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob C IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 4:11pm
Mike accordin to my service manual input driver ? input driven 38 mainshaft 3rd 28 countershaft 3rd 22
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 4:31pm
Okay. Then they did change the tooth counts along with everything else when the 7000 came along. Good to know.

I wonder if you check speed charts between a 190 and a 7000 with the same sized tires @ the same engine speed the MPH would be the same or very close to the same. Low would be low and intermediate on the 7000 would be high on the 190. If so the ratios are the same. If not they change the ratios too.

Either way if you want something faster than direct drive (without using the overdrive gears in the torque housing) my guess is you will need to change both input and third gear pairs.
Bob C IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob C IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 4:46pm
I can change PD main shaft drivin and drivin countershaft gears by 2 teeth and get 25.201 to 1 gear on high side PD shaft, but still just 1 gear to pull....
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 4:50pm
Taking a quick look online, Tractor Data says the MPH between a model 200 and a 7000 is the same thing in 4th gear. Both being 12.3 MPH in low and 15.5 in intermediate for the 7000 and high for the 200. Where it gets weird is the MPH listed for the 7000 in third gear. The splits between 3rd low, intermediate, and high are not correct. They are not the same split percentage wise as they are for the 4th gear MPH's.

I think Tractor Data's data is incorrect for 3rd on a model 7000.

Doesn't change anything. You still need to change tranny gears. To get what you want.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 4:52pm
That's what I would consider. Look at the PD gears and see if you can make your overdrive a little closer to intermediate. I would guess making two PD gears would be much less costly than making new transmission gears. Then make a coupler to use the new high side gears.

ORRRR, get enough poop under the hood to run the stock overdrive gears.

Edited by O.P.S. Heads - 04 Feb 2015 at 4:53pm
Bob C IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob C IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 4:56pm
im at 27.885 straight through to ring and pinion... chang mainshaft PD driver to 27 from 29 and drivin on countershaft to 42 from 40 then lock in high side PD is 25.201 in 4th gear.
Bob C IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob C IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 4:59pm
stock OD is 22.341 that's a jump!!!! That a lot o cash!!!
Bob C IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob C IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 5:02pm
4 quick change gears in a separate box shoved inside PD housing would be easyer just gittin help to do it!!
rowcropmafia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowcropmafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 7:55pm
If you at least had a easy way to put your tractor in overdrive there are a couple places like cayuga and paris that it might work a little better than the gear you are in. It is too fast even for those tracks but sometimes too fast is better than too slow. Some places that gear is an awful big chore to even get the sled rolling though
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 9:12pm
I build a overdrive gearbox for 180-200. Have never put one in 7000, but it could be done. Problem is for you guys, the PD has to be removed. It's been a while since I've had a 7000 split but would like to have one split so I could see what it would take to put one of my boxes in one.
 How far from 64647 are you guys?  MACK   660 663 9173
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 4:19pm
Bob, if you want to "over-drive" road gear in the tranny, don't you still have your intermediate gears and hollow shafts inside the torque tube ???   or is all that stuff removed??
Bob C IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob C IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 6:26pm
Yes still in there but it to tall a gear... 22 to 1. Need about 25 to1. At 27 now. Need to change driver and drivin on clutch and countershaft. Any ideas???
Bob C IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob C IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 6:28pm
Then run 4 over...
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 6:40pm
Buy Mack's overdrive box and tailor the ratio to achieve exactly what you want in 4th gear. I see no reason it won't fit a 7000. Well, maybe the tranny input shaft is too long as compared to a 190-200...???
Bob C IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob C IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 6:48pm
Input on 7000 totally different but can prob be done
Bob C IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob C IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 6:51pm
Splitting tractor now to get out c shaft drivin and pd countershaft driving to get gears made. 2 teeth Change will get me there...
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 7:26pm
Who's making the new gears for you ??
Bob C IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob C IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 7:31pm
Don't know
Bob C IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob C IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 7:31pm
Any ideas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic