This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Takin' a minute to show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Takin' a minute to show
    Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 5:54pm
y'all part of my line up outta the stable and earning their keep. Not present for the shoot were many lol. We've managed to mow away over 6000 of the 42 pound beauties, not a stem has been rained upon [knock on wood].

Sponsored Links

captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 6:04pm
Someone snapped this pic of me departing the other day in the Beech jet. Now that I see what I look like, maybe I could assist hay drying by the exhaust heat curing method! lol

LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 6:23pm
Hey Capt'n I heard on the snewz that the thruway is closed near you from the storm, how"d you escape?
Nice looking lineup!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 6:51pm
Captain Dana,
Neat photo of the hay operation! Thanks for sharing. Looks like a place I would like to be.
Lou SWPA, I like your Jeremiah verse!
Pastor Mike in Iowa
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 7:39pm
Lou we baled 550 of second cutting the day before before Irene arrived, got the hurricane and flooded roads everywhere sunday. I got a trip to West Palm monday morning out of nowheres. Took me 5 hours to drive to and from the airport! But I flew 7 folks to West Palm Beach and back in 5 hours! So I flew 2400 nautical miles in the same time as I drove 100 statute miles! Unreal!! Dana
RickUP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickUP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 8:05pm
I just want to drive the jet. Then we can bail whatever. Nice pics thanks.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 1:14am
RickUP, there's probably plenty of bailing going on right now but not much baleing! lol
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 7:29am
Cap'n, Where is your 5 man crew to put up all that hay when it's ready? Even with that kicker, you need 2 in the mow and 1 to unload the wagon. I have operated a 17 an 170 and a 175 so I need experience running the hay dryer.
 Nice line-up there.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 7:33am
Nice line up of Orange -- love seeing them at work.
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 7:45am
We drove I90 last Friday - it was partly sunny and nothing like it must have been Sunday. Good thing you're on high ground, Dana. There are some folks down low who are still mighty wet, though.

WC, CA, D14, WD45
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by captaindana captaindana wrote:

Lou we baled 550 of second cutting the day before before Irene arrived, got the hurricane and flooded roads everywhere sunday. I got a trip to West Palm monday morning out of nowheres. Took me 5 hours to drive to and from the airport! But I flew 7 folks to West Palm Beach and back in 5 hours! So I flew 2400 nautical miles in the same time as I drove 100 statute miles! Unreal!! Dana
I know what you mean Cap. I've driven from Des Moines to Lincoln Ne many times. I remember flying home from LA (night time) once and the flight attendant called our attention to the light directly below being Lincoln, a little forward was Omaha, and the light in front was Des Moines. We were descending over Lincoln and would be landing in 15 mins. It's a good 4 hrs drive otherwise. Then there was the flight from Tampa Bay home to Des Moines last Feb. Left nice 80 degree weather for 10 degrees...
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 1:45pm
That's the problem with young peoples today. Always in a hurry. Slow down, go fishing, and sit in the shade for a while.
On the other hand, your mach 1 machine looks way cool. 
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 5:46pm
Hee hee...  I flew right-seat in our Premier from MLI to Orlando in less time than it'd take to drive from Davenport to DesMoines.  Jeff (corp pilot) wouldn't let me request a vertical departure vector.  <sigh>  what a spoilsport!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic