This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New To AC G tractors and Forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italy Hill Produce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New To AC G tractors and Forum
    Posted: 07 May 2010 at 2:22pm
Hello, New member to this forum. I recently purchased 2 G tractors, with a bunch of spare parts. A 1 bottom plow and a cultivator setup... The cultivators and plow were in a pile in a hedge row, and I need to sort them out and get them working for my wife and my soon-to-be produce business. We are located in upstate NY.

Both G's have new batteries, relatively new rear tires, decent enough front tires and both run very well with excellent oil pressure. Both need work on the brakes and I think one has a slightly warped pressure plate (shudders when releasing the clutch) 
One is a relatively early model, and one is a late model (according to the p.o.)

The p.o. (previous owner) just tinkered on these and drove the one in the local parades. The one has hydraulic lift and belt drive setup.  Today I put a hose on the hydraulics, the p.o. had just put a plug in each due to a hole in the original hose, and the fact that he didn't use them for work...

Here's what I need, any info would be greatly appreciated: I tried the search function, but you need at least 3 characters for it to work and searching for a "G" tractor is not enough ;)
Any info on the hyrdaulics, the owners manual I have is from the non hydraulic tractor.
Does it just run off of the tranny oil? I didn't see a seperate reservoir....
Where do I find G specific parts for this tractor?
Common problems?
Thanks
Jonathan

Sponsored Links

Italy Hill Produce View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italy Hill Produce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 2:26pm
BTW I also recently purchased a PTO driven All Crop 60, that came with a parts one to play with...  We'll see when I get to tinkering on that... It isn't needed till fall..
Thanks!
Jonathan
Robert Mull Georgia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Mull Georgia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 2:29pm
You have come to the right place. I bet that by this time tomorrow afternoon you will have 10 replies to your Inquiry. Welcome aboard!
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 2:40pm
Up in the right hand corner of this page is your best bet for parts and manuals. 

Welcome to the forum and take care of them little beauties!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Ted in NE-OH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted in NE-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 2:41pm
Use "Allis Chalmers G" for search. Works on e-bay.
CA, WD, C, 3 Bs, 2 Gs, WC, I-400, 914
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italy Hill Produce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 2:55pm
Thanks guys, What I meant by search funtion was the search function on this forum requires every word to have at least 3 characters so just typing in "allis chalmers G" won't work because G is only one character..

Anyone know how the factory hydraulics work on a G?
Thanks
Jonathan
Dave Richards (WV) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Richards (WV) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 4:00pm
Jonathan, G hydraulics are one way, hydraulic up gravity down.  No reservoir, just trany juice.  Check to see if your cultivators have a rear bar.  If so, you need the rear cylinder.  It attaches to the valve outlet with a tee with the front cylinder.  It should also have a valve so you can slow down the rise of the rear bar.  That way it raises later than the front cultivator so it doesnt skip the last few plants.  I have the manual on the hydraulic system and will scan it Monday.  If you don't get a copy next week, yell at me because I forgot.   Dave
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italy Hill Produce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 4:10pm
Awesome! I don't believe I have the rear bar... But if I come across one I'll definately try and pick one up.. I assume it is just a bolt on option for these tractors?
Thanks!
Jonathan
G tractor and an All Crop 66
Also Kubota MX5100F and M9540HD12
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 4:45pm
Jonathan, shoot me an e-mail, I can handle the manuals

Joe
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
kip in cny View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kip in cny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 4:48pm
are you the italy hill between penn yan and branchport ?  
160 CA 920diesel 5020 HD-3
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italy Hill Produce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 4:48pm
Email Sent!
Do any of the manuals have drawings/diagrams on how the plow and cultivators etc hook up?
I am sure I can figure it out, but if anyone has good close up pics of the implements attached it would help me out!
Thanks!
Jonathan
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italy Hill Produce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 5:24pm
On Italy Hill, up the hill from Branchport (west)
You?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kip in cny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 7:15pm
Iam from port byron  near auburn.  I traveled for work in  that area working on generators in that area like branchport fire dept, bully hill, davenport hospital,bath VA, solders and sailors in penn yan I traveled that area alot its about 1 1/2 away from me.    I remember seeing the farms name
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 7:49pm
Ivy Hill Produce,  First Welcome to the Unofficial Allis Chalmer Forum.  
The manual you need is called Model G Implements.  It shows the set up and attaching for G implements.  I would try e-bay first.  
I have also tried this site and they have G manuals, for Tractor, parts, and shop.  That would also prove very helpful.
Perhaps someone has a G implement manual they could share.
You are very fortunate to get TWO G's plus implements.  In the Maryland area they are very rare, in fact, some are still working daily. 
Keep in touch and let us know how it goes. 
Good Luck!
Bill Long

JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 8:12pm
Jonathan, you should have mail, see if those manuals answer your questions

Joe
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
ToddSin NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddSin NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 2:38am
Jonathan are you the gentelman off Craigslist I was helping to find a G? They wanted to convert it to an electric motor. I'm up near Kip. I live in Newark and run up and down 14 with a Wallgreens truck once in a while. How far from 14 are you?
Don Jr NY View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don Jr NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 5:53am
Hi Jonathan, welcome to the forum. I am near you as well located in Waterloo. I have several parts combines as well as functioning ones. If you need any help with the All-Crop give me a shout, be glad to help you out. My cell is 315-651-5177. Take care.  Don Jr.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italy Hill Produce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 10:27am
Thanks Guys,  I'll post more later, rightnow I have to keep working on my wife's green house benches.... almost done... I can't type worth a damn on her laptop either. so I'll post a real reply when I head down to work in a bit...
Thanks!
Jonathan
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italy Hill Produce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 1:48pm
OK sorry for the delay... We've had a hell of a wind storm here...

Kip: I am a member of the Branchport-Keuka park FD, so you've probably been right past my farm... I spent most of yesterday afternoon and evening at trees down on power line calls..
Then I was up all night baby sitting the generator that was keeping power to the heater in our greenhouse so the tomatoes and egg plants don't freeze! Anyone else hate Techumseh's as much as I do???

ToddS: I am about 20 minutes West of Rt 14. Do you go to the Walgreens in Penn Yan NY?
I am about 8 miles from there... I have been in contact with a bunch of people on Clist around the state over the last year... So probably Yes. :) Which one are you??

OK So I bought the two G's from a local retired grape farmer, I believe they came from the Potter muck in Potter NY... the grape farmer originally bought 4 of them, but sold the others off over the years... Well his son is running the farm and needed the barn space, and he needed money for medical bills.. So I heard from someone that he was looking to sell his G's (I told him he can come play with them whenever he wants to).  I told him I'd give him his asking price for one, but if he wanted to sell both as a package deal let me know, and we came to an agreement that was very fair to both of us.
The implements were sitting in a hedge row and need some work.. but the tractors are both in good running condition as stated in the O.P.

I was turned on to G's by my father in law who has a produce farm in Orgeon.. He doesn't own one, but has been wanting one for years... They are VERY hard to find out that way.. He does have two All Crop 60's with the gas engines.. Both were stored in barns, but both engines are siezed... He does alot of very small scale speciality grains and wants to get them fixed up to use on a (relatively) larger scale. 

Thanks for the replies and the info on manuals.. How hard is it to get the brakes working correctly on these things??
Also is anyone looking for a 5' woods belly mower? The P.O. included one in the deal, but he hadn't had time to hook it up to the G, so I assume it would be a custom install..

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italy Hill Produce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 7:43am
About a month ago there were some G implements for sale in Cortland NY.. Was that any of you guys??? I might be looking for some in the future...
Thanks
Jonathan
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kip in cny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 8:55am
you could post some photos of your 5020 from the fire house.  That was the highlight of my trip. kip
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italy Hill Produce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 8:59am
5020 from the firehouse??? Not sure what you're talking about...
Jonathan
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kip in cny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 9:21am
hamons port  I thought you have a allis that is in the last bay of the fire dept. You have a cummins / onan generator  unless Iam thinking of the wrong fire dept
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italy Hill Produce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 9:24am
Ohh.. Sorry that's a different department.. We are Branchport-Keuka Park (north west tip of Keuka Lake) Hammondsport is the south end... They also have a bad ass fire boat that was used about 2 weeks ago on a multiple building lake-house fire...
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kip in cny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 9:49am
you have the detroit 6-71 gen  out back
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italy Hill Produce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 9:56am
Gotchya.. At the farm we have a little 4000 watt coleman (i think) with an 8 hp tejunkseh engine... I got it straightenend out at about 4 am on sunday morning... But I spent all night screwing around with it trying to figure out why it kept stalling intermittantly.. Greenhouse plants don't do well below 50* and it was 30* and snowing out...
Jonathan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic