This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My office

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My office
    Posted: 22 May 2016 at 6:50pm

Mowing a 10 acre field last week with the 175D and 8' Bush Hog....nice green conditions this year compared to last. It was a nice day...yesterday I got soaked to the bone on another 10 acre field. Today it rained all day and is supposed to be cooler all week. Put about 60 hours on the mower already this year, most was good!
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Sponsored Links

Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 9:52pm
looks good, but looks like 4 legged mowers would do real good there
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 10:02pm
Nice office!
Here was mine today. Off color machine (old TD6 IH) but not behind a desk!

Regards,
 Chris

D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Michael V (NM) Michael V (NM) wrote:

Critters would do well some years, most years this field will be brown by July. Last year was a dusty dirty job in June when I cut it. A lot of people with small acreages out in the country just want the scenery and space without responsibility of animals. There is a county weed board that will send you a notice if they see noxious weeds that aren't being controlled is some way, that is where I come in.
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 4:02am
yep....me thunks you should have baled that! 
VAfarmboy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VAfarmboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 4:56am
Originally posted by Eldon (WA) Eldon (WA) wrote:

Originally posted by Michael V (NM) Michael V (NM) wrote:

Critters would do well some years, most years this field will be brown by July. Last year was a dusty dirty job in June when I cut it. A lot of people with small acreages out in the country just want the scenery and space without responsibility of animals. There is a county weed board that will send you a notice if they see noxious weeds that aren't being controlled is some way, that is where I come in.

Around here most folks with a place in the country who want the scenery will let a farmer plant crops on it or bale it up for free just to get the agricultural tax rate.

wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 5:52am
Most people around here with small acreage will have 10 horses starving on it.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 8:04am
Originally posted by wekracer wekracer wrote:

That sounds like here
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
GaryL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 8:12am
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

Originally posted by wekracer wekracer wrote:

That sounds like here

X3.  Nothing irritates me more than people with animals and not enough for the animals to eat.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 8:32am
Nice view from the office Eldon. The mowing I have done so far is 3 times as tall and thick. I'm just mowing the deer hunting pasture to keep a few places from getting overgrown with multiflower rose. It seems to have a good crop of wild parsnips that I try to keep from going to seed too.
 I guess I should bring my camera with today and go do some trimmin.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic