This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fluid filled tires on 6080

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOlson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fluid filled tires on 6080
    Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 7:01am
Just looking for some opinions. I just bought a 6080 with a full set of front weights and loaded rear tires. The tractor will be used primarily for making hay.
   Should I leave the fluid in the tires?
Sponsored Links

Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 7:13am
Don't know your situation -- what equipment are you using in the hay making? If you are using heavy round baler and your fields are not flat, I'd leave the fluid in. Do you know what the fluid is and how long it has been in? What is the condition of the rims and tires?
DOlson View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOlson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 8:05am
I bale with a 853 NH round baler and mow with a 5209 NI disc bine some hills, but fairly flat.
I'm guessing the fluid has been in the tires sens it was new it is very common in this area,the tires are 18.4 34 radials in good shape and the rims look like new.
 I will probably do a small amount of tillage also.
Thanks Derrick
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 8:15am
If you take the fluid out you will need to dismount the tires and clean the rims to prevent rusting. When filled the fluid level is over the rim preventing air from getting to it. unless you plan on trailering it I'd leave the fluid in. Much better traction and a smoother ride.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 8:32am
Leave it in and be vigilant on repairing leaking tires.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
DOlson View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOlson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 11:16am
Thanks for the replies I was sort of leaning that way,the tires have tubes and hauling is not a problem I run an excavation business.
 Thanks Derrick

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic