This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7060 AIR SEAT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SIMPLICITY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7060 AIR SEAT
    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 6:15am
ANYBODY EVER INSTALLED A GRAMMER MSG95G AIR SEAT IN A  7060, LOOKING TO GET ONE AND I WAS WONDERING IF MOUNTING BRACKETS WERE AVAILABLE OR DO THEY HAVE TO BE MADE?

ALSO PROS AND CONS GRAMMER VERSES K & M AIR SEATS
Sponsored Links

REEDE View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REEDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 6:29am
Go to K&M manufacturing  web site and look. I sold several of their air ride seats . 
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 6:51am
I put a Grammer in and the only I don't like is you almost have to hold the seat down to get in and out. They do have mounting brackets.
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 6:54am
K & M was/is a great AR seat.  the brackets were a night mare.   I thought i was just being thickheaded so I took the whole works to my AC dealer.   Guess what, the mechanic finally had to drill his own holes to make it work.   I bought the seat thru them, so no charge for figuring it out.   seat worked well.
AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 6:57am
I'm pretty sure the grammer bracket bolted right up holes already in the cab. Just took 2 people when trying put bolts in because hard to reach spot.
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 7:01am
I can speak to the 7000 series but I have 3 grammar 95s in my 8010, 8050 and 8070. They bolted right in. I highly recommend them over stock.

One thing I noticed on the 8070 is that the seat pan was lower than the other two. It’s newer. So I had new pans bent and cut an inch off the front bracket. It made getting in the seat much easier and gave the seat more travel. I’m only 5’-7
Ron(AB) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(AB) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 1:37pm
That's due to the actuator...only the last models had it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic