This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next victim WD45

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Next victim WD45
    Posted: 31 Dec 2023 at 7:29pm

She really needs a cleaning!

Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
Sponsored Links

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2024 at 10:07am
I wonder why the cut out on the battery box top?  looks chewed out, not cut nicely.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
AMB(wcIL) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMB(wcIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2024 at 11:14am
Could you please explain how a tractor started its life in New York then end up in Illinois then find its way back to New York?  I live about 65 miles from Avon IL and remember Chatt's tractor sales and restorations.  Andy
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2024 at 12:11pm
Do you think Sam started in NY? I’d like to know more! Ted the top of batt box has a batt cut out and when I changed 6 to 12 v the top cut outs and side cable cut outs changed places and or grew. Some nice molding in order
                          Dana
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2024 at 12:34pm
Short story of Sam. I was on the road with the beech jet and ended in the Ouchita Mountains of Ar. on a Friday night. Saturday morning found me in a remote cabin where someone had just hooked up internet as there’s no phone service there. Suddenly I remembered Chats auction at the last possible minute and hooked on. It was only a minute and the auction started. A nfe wd45 with fps was first or one of the firsts on the block. Went from low to 1500 in a blink and I got her. Next was an Ollie 770 and a couple more than came Sam. I thought I had him at 28 but then someone jumped in and away we went. Got that one too. Fast forward a week or so and I land in Augusta shut down the beast get out and turn on the cell. It was ringing. Some pleasant gent was telling my that he got my number from the auction folks. Said his daddy had owned Sam and that he had treated her like royalty. Said they had another 45 which he used for most everything back in the day but kept Sam mostly out of the daily grind. I told him that I over paid cause someone had jumped in at 28. He chuckled and said “yeah that was me”! He said Chats had purchased Sam from his Dad and he had no intention of buying it back but sentimental feelings took over and that was that. I felt badly. Immediately I told him he could have Sam for what I had into him and agreed he should own him. He again chuckled and said he had no business owning him as he was now an elderly man with really no use for Sam. He asked for my address and sent Sam’s original manual to me. And that is all I was told about Sam. It’s one helluva a nice old tractor! Happy New Year. Dana
                          Dana
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2024 at 1:14pm
Thanks for posting pics Cap'n. Glad to see these old girls being taken care of. Wish I could give my tractors the attention and care that are seen on here. A couple of mine only get a coffee can over the exhaust . Keep up the good work and keep posting.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2024 at 1:35pm
Captain Dana, That's quite a story on SAM...
  I had same thoughts as Andy had in his statement about it finding it's way back to New York.   It was from the detailed decal saying "previously owned by Sam Leslie" and next line below it says "VanLoan Farms Fort Plain, NY"  and my first thought was you were purchasing a tractor that your grandpa, dad or an uncle had used, How cool was that! But realized that Leslie was not a VanLoan.   VanLoan Farms is you.LOL
  Closest to ever having anything like that was when I was 10, I seen a WC for sale in the old Clover-Farm paper that the grocery store in Siren would have to give out...  Dad and I went to look at the tractor and then the old gal said there's a cultivator that goes with it, and when dad seen the IHC McCormick Deering cultivator, he said that he use to own that cultivator and had mounted it on his WC but later had traded it in at an Allis dealer for a WD cultivator.
 I did purchase my uncles styled WC on his estate auction.

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2024 at 2:12pm
Sam’s rims are done. And the front end degreased and paint where necessary.

Edited by captaindana - 01 Jan 2024 at 2:13pm
                          Dana
BrianC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2024 at 3:39pm
Are the Chat's tractor guys going to stay involved with restorations?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 4:34am
Pretty sure they’re retired from that business
                          Dana
AMB(wcIL) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMB(wcIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 4:25pm
Google search said that they couldn't stand retirement and still dabble in tractors.  Their website was last updated in July of 2023.  I haven't seen or heard their name much since their retirement sale.  Andy
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 7:59pm
Neat story on Sam ! Thanks for sharing Dana. I remember Chats tractors advertizing selling some nice restorations they did. What a neat tractor to have.
Mike Townsley
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic