This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jonsred chain saw recoil spring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jonsred chain saw recoil spring
    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 at 11:44am
I have a older Jonsered  chain saw - that I need a recoil spring for but only place i see them is in Italy or the UK for a replacement and shipping cost is about $25 for the spring and $10 for the part . Anyone have a source or know where in the US one might find this spring ?
  I bought the saw around 1972 from a friend who owned the Distributorship for the saws as it was a rental saw he had out . Overhauled and refurbished it cost me $100 at the time and he said only thing that would wear out was case bottom taking it in / out of truck . 
 Been a good saw but now need that spring to get it back in service .  

Spring start-up JONSERED chainsaw 601  and 751 trimmer

Part Number RS 60 006274

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2022 at 12:08pm
I don’t know….if you measure the “wire” diameter, the spring diameter and relaxed length, number of turns, could you get something out of McMaster Carr?
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2022 at 12:45pm
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2022 at 3:04pm
Ok. Have you ever seen how many springs are in McMaster Carr???

FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2022 at 5:38pm
Do you happen to have an OM for the saw ?? Any chance that a "local" mom/pop shop is in your area that might have peddled these units and "might" have a parts source ? 
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2022 at 6:21pm
Coke, I did a google search for Jonesred 910E recoil spring. Picked that number out of your Ebay listing, as it was easy to remember. Scrolled down the page, to an amazon listing for a stens part number.  I copied and pasted below, do some searching in your area for a stens dealer and you may find that they can order it for you...Wink

Brand NameStens
Ean0023899193929 , 7123290583152
Global Trade Identification Number00023899193929

Edited by DiyDave - 27 Feb 2022 at 6:23pm
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 8:11am
This is a friend of mine, and he does a huge business in parts, and ships daily.  Give him a call at 937.927.5429  Ask for Randy, if he's avaiable.  Tell him Greg Grant referred you.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 10:07pm
Seems the 60 and 601 along with just a couple other use that recoil spring - other saws use a update and they can be found easily 
 My search online has led to Italy , UK, and it seems Holland but nothing in the US .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic