This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GLEANER M3 on Tractorhouse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redpower1456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GLEANER M3 on Tractorhouse
    Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 4:26am
What is this strange tube / pipe / duct for on this GLEANER M3 on Tractorhouse? See it running behind the fuel tank and down the left side? I've never seen this on a GLEANER before.

Tractorhouse link:

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=5681737&
Sponsored Links

Redpower1456 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redpower1456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 4:28am
Well heck's bells... Why don't these dang links work on this site??!! I can never get a link to activate on any of my posts when I want to copy and paste a link!!??

Edited by Redpower1456 - 22 Mar 2011 at 4:37am
scottyb View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 5:56am
Hi Redpower1456, that is a blower for working side hills, it will blow air across both (i believe) the seive and chaffer thus spreading the grain and straw/chaff evenly to improve cleaning and decrease loss
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 5:59am
http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=5681737&

First click on the reply box where you would type your words so that you get a blinking curser there. Then click on the "insert hyper link" icon which is the second icon on the message reply box below. A window will pop up. The first line will say "Link Type: Hyper Link". Leave that alone. The next line will say "Address: http://" then a blank box then "Preview". Paste the address you want to link to in the blank box. Don't put anything in the next line that says "Preview:" and then a large square box. Click on the OK button. I'm not a puter expert and don't know the correct terms but I hope this helps.

If you click on the word reply on the corner of each post there will be more options like the ability to post a video or picture.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 6:09am
My M2 had this blower and my L2 has it too but both ran the pipe across the rear of the sieves and not on top of the separator housing. It's called an Air Flow Grain Saver, I think. It works with a pendulum so if the combine leans to one side the air will blow heavier on the downhill side to keep the shoe from overloading on the downhill side. Pretty simple and effective on moderate hillsides. Gleaner built actual hillside combines for the steep hills out west like the MH or MH2 and so on.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic