This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

i wonder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i wonder
    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 10:38pm
what's gonna happen? local green dealer has 23 combines in their shop awaiting parts for them, been waiting for several months now. harvest has begun in some places. i have been seeing more Massy and Gleaner combines going by on trucks lately...more than usual.
Sponsored Links

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 10:03am
Son bought oil from NAPA for his truck and they told him oil is getting hard to get
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 1:53pm
Been a run on ANY farm machines that have NO electronics gizmos, are bought up with ANY ability to run and function as buyer just wants machines to work harvest here.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

what's gonna happen? local green dealer has 23 combines in their shop awaiting parts for them, been waiting for several months now. harvest has begun in some places. i have been seeing more Massy and Gleaner combines going by on trucks lately...more than usual.

Wink For cussing the green paint so much, Confused your sure spending a lot of time tracking that paint.LOLLOLLOL Or you got a beating pool going at the coffee place as how many will see the field this fall?LOL

You got your red ones sold? If not better make sure it will run. Then cut the crop for the big green farmer at your place, and hold it hostage until the stockholders show you all the "lost paperwork". LOL

Probably a good time to sell machinery you don't need.

Just saw a guy worrying about planting next years crop. Put money down on a new planter in Feb and sold the old one at the end of using it to plant this crop. Now notified factory did not know when his new one would be built yet. As they had no parts to build it. That could make it hard getting much sleep. Angry

Edited by Ray54 - 11 Sep 2021 at 3:57pm
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 4:41pm
Ray has too much time on her hands ,, LOL
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 8:21pm
I see a real need for a DIY GUY that weld, machine, and build anything with a roll of bailing wire and duct tape !! 
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 8:57pm
Ray...was told that info from an employee that works at the green dealer. 
Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

I see a real need for a DIY GUY that weld, machine, and build anything with a roll of bailing wire and duct tape !! 

Problem today is that so much of the repairs require computer diagnosis which is controlled by proprietary programs which only the manufacturers dealers have, and then so much of the parts are computer controlled, so the average guy cannot manufacture them.   

Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 8:56am
just another created crisis using covid as the alibi.  Sleepy
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 10:20am
As I understand it "chips" are in very short supply, I just don't know what I am going to do without my Dorritos and Ruffles.SmileSmileSmileSmile
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 8:13am
Back in the day the farmer next door would help out once he got done with his own crop.  Aren't there still custom combiners around anymore?  Good old time farmers ingenuity should be able to get the job done.  Maybe a loaner from the dealer if theirs is under warranty?
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic