This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B-C block

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jersey Walt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B-C block
    Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 12:29pm
I am doing up a C model for pulling.  Need info.  Will the D10 sleeves fit in the B-C block without machining/boring the block?
Sponsored Links

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 1:10pm
NO: B/C sleeves have the O-ring on the sleeve, D10/12 have the O-ring in the block. I'm in MD, PM me for more help
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
alan-nj View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan-nj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 5:04pm
Walt....I totally forgot about hooking you up with the expert. I'll go to work on that. Happy new year to you and Lois. Alan
If ignorance is bliss, than happy days are here again.
BrettPhillips View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrettPhillips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 8:08am
Here's a video that will give you an idea of what you can do with a B/C/CA block and head. This is PaulB's non-turbo CA at an invitational pull in Frederick, MD this fall. Pay attention to the amount of walking the flagger does to get an idea of where other tractors in the class were stopping.

http://youtu.be/Gt6FyDApako

Edited by BrettPhillips - 02 Jan 2016 at 8:45am
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 12:28pm
Thanks Brett.   That was the 3000 pound class running 2nd gear @ 3500 RPM
dgerth View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgerth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 12:39pm
Paul if I read that right, 3500rpm? What type of flywheel are you using? Is this using NATPA rules or USAP ? I like the sdound of that lil rascal snortin!!
Dean (West MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean (West MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 7:46pm
That's an amazing video.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 8:02pm
My current flywheels are OEM Allis Chalmers. Think about it; Most any standard shift cars will have the same grey iron flywheel. Nearly most any muscle care form the 60s into the 70s would go to in around 5500 RPM and some more from the factory.  It is not so much the speed  (unless your going super high RPMs) as it is abuse that causes flywheels to disintegrate. A flywheel with stress cracks would make me nervous and any speed. If you have one magnafluxed and don't overheat it, I'm comfortable at anything under 4K RPM. Also most AC flywheels I've used are balanced better than ones from other colors. This along with a CA flywheel not being all that large or heavy, unlike the ones W_ tractors use. I do have a Blow-Blanket around the flywheel of the CA with the Turbo, not because I'm afraid of it but just as a precaution as I do turn it faster than the one without the turbo. There are no NATPA or USPA pulls anywhere that I know of that have 2500 & 3000 pound classes that will let me run fast MPH and a turbo. Like my tag line say's "If it was fun to pull in LOW gear I could have a John Deere". 
dgerth View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgerth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 9:05pm
Thank you Paul, good to know your data and thoughts. One more ?, Are those 16.9 x 24 tires? That's what we are using and they work great, top-cut,on just about any track.
dg
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 5:44am
160 ci of fun!
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 8:29am
Sure gave you a long chain there didnt they?
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 11:48am
Actually that tractor has a CE block that is much more than 160CID, I have done about everything that can be without sacrificing reliability.  That engine has more than 15 years of pulling and the only problems I've had were fuel delivery ones.  The tires are 18.4X16.1 from a friends 2WD pulltruck. They have both the tops and fronts cut as where I pull anything goes as far as cutting on tires. I like 13.6X28 tires for the turbo CA. I need to find a good matched set, I'd prefer old style 45 degree tread. Both tractors will run 3rd gear at 2500 and 2nd at 3000 on any track I ever pulled on. The sled in the video is about the hardest pulling sled I've hooked to.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 1:26pm
My bad! I knew it had a lot more than 125  :)
Charlie

Ag_F150 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ag_F150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 4:57pm
Can you post a picture of your hitch and wheelie bar setup? Curious on how you did it. I didn't build my hitch... It's not bad but always room for improvement.
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 4:45pm
My CA is quite happy to pull in first gear in 3500 and 4000 competitive stock under EDGE&TA rules.
   Got to go a little crazy Saturday at our local show and pull. I know what my real weight is weighted up on a certified scale. Coming across the scale Saturday knowing I weigh 4000 the scale read 3510. 490 pounds light. Stacked on more weights until the scale read a even 4000. You should have seen the competition I was up against.
   Made a full pull in 3500 weighing a tad under 4000 according to the scales read and got beat by a little bit by a Red Tractor in a pull off. Finished second in 4000 weighing close to 4500. Got beat by another all Red tractor. The Green and Yellow JDs and Green and Red Ollies were not very competitive at this pull Saturday.
   Now that I know I have the power to spin out with a stock CA engine in #4500 weight class and keep the front end low I may go there at the next pull. I just hope I don't break something weighted up to #4500

Edited by Ken in Texas - 17 Apr 2016 at 4:49pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 5:41am
I pulled my CA once that heavy and it moaned and groaned but had the power (Stock). I thought it was going to snap!
Everyone laughed in the beginning but the CA really surprised them for sure. Now they swear my CA is not stock and should be in the hot class...
Charlie

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 7:31am
Every AC guy in the place gave me the thumbs up when I made a full pull in the #3500 competitive stock class with my CA. If you hang suitcase weights or any weights that are not OEM you are not farm stock even if your engine is. My drawbar and wheels and tires and wheel weights are not CA stock either. Got to remember 3500 on the scales Saturday was more like 4000 actual weight.
They limited this pull to Two Hooks. I can run farm stock at 3500 with water and factory weights. Most of the time they don't check wheels and tire size or drawbar configuration in FARM STOCK unless there is a protest. Bending the rules to gain a edge is part of the fun.

Edited by Ken in Texas - 18 Apr 2016 at 7:46am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 7:38am
I used some bolts and a plate to raise my drawbar up some on my pin-hitch CA and now it is not stock...., blah... My 12.4x24's are too big also. By golly they only came with 10-24's back in the day I hear.

Charlie

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 7:57am
I run 13-6 24 Firestones. Without a bunch of weight the big tires float around on the track like a feather on water. I hate to tell how many times my big tire CA was out pulled by another CA fresh out of a fencerow with rock hard 11-2 24s in #3000 classes.

Edited by Ken in Texas - 18 Apr 2016 at 7:59am
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 4:10pm
Here's a run at 2500 pounds April 17.  18.4X16.1 rear tires, 3rd gear, about 3200 RPM

http://youtu.be/xxEUbb1qNmo

This is both tractors at 3000 pounds. The non turbo tractor is in 2nd gear and the turbo CA is in 3rd.

http://youtu.be/73L8j9b4jdE

Edited by PaulB - 01 Jun 2016 at 4:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic