This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers trailer by Snowco

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark in KY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers trailer by Snowco
    Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 8:01pm

Anyone have information about these utility trailers made by Snowco?   One trailer has an Allis Chalmers label on it, other one does not.   Did Snowco make them for  IH, JD and others?   At a show last October an older gentleman  told me he had a sales brochure on them.   A month later the brochure arrived and guess what---they were painted pearl gray and foam green.  There were 2 models 946 and 1146 made by The Snow Co of Omaha, Ne, warranted by Allis Chalmers.   Thanks for any additional info.

Sponsored Links

Mark in KY View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark in KY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 8:09pm

Another picture:  946 on the left and 1146 on the right.

farmtoybuilder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 8:42pm
Love your trailers! Tow-Bee was made before them. It was same color as B 10-12's 110's 112's Yellow and cream. And yes Snowco made them for all the other companies back then also. If you ever run across a Terra Tiger trailer let us know ))
5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   
Jay IN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay IN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 8:45pm
Do you have the terra tigers that go with them?
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think--- "who's the idiot that owns this place?"
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark in KY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 10:18pm
Jay,  yes  I have two terra tigers, one for each trailer.
dustinmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustinmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 10:32pm
are these the terra tiger trailers?  I know a guy who has one of these, what aer they worth as he wants 500.00 for it, is it worth it?  Thanks, Dustin
Justin Widlund (IA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justin Widlund (IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 10:49pm
They are not the true Terra Tiger trailers, but rather the Tow Bee was a utility trailer that could be used for lawn mowers and such. 
Mark, does either of your trailers have the allis chalmers decal that runs along the frame on each side of the trailer (between the front and the wheel)??  I am in great need for a source for this decal.  Does anyone know how or where to get one.  I have measurements somewhere but I think it was approx 2 inches by 18 inches and was a "see through" decal. 
Please post or PM me if anyone has any further info as I would like to finish my up correctly.
Also I would like any other close up pictures of the lights, and the winch you have on that one.  Did you end up re-wiring your trailers?  Was that hard running the wire?
Thanks!

Edited by Justin Widlund (IA) - 23 Jan 2010 at 10:51pm
gary ny View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary ny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 11:05pm
I would check with lyle wacker  he has many size decals .I have a snowco trailor that I was going to restore one of these days we have owned 30 yrs been a great little trailer .its retired now waiting its turn to get a new look  
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justin Widlund (IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 11:09pm
Tried him about a year ago and no luck.  Thanks anyway for the idea.
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark in KY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 7:09am
There is a small metal plate to the left of the tongue that has tha Allis Chalmers logo on one of the  trailers (model 1146).  The trailers were painted before I received the brochure on Snowco Trailers.  If I decide to give them a fresh look someday, I will go back with the original pearl gray and foam green.  One trailer had what looked like the original light hangers, the orther did not.  Both are rewired, one with newer lights, the other one  with smaller old style.
bigallis1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigallis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Justin Widlund (IA) Justin Widlund (IA) wrote:

They are not the true Terra Tiger trailers, but rather the Tow Bee was a utility trailer that could be used for lawn mowers and such. 
Mark, does either of your trailers have the allis chalmers decal that runs along the frame on each side of the trailer (between the front and the wheel)??  I am in great need for a source for this decal.  Does anyone know how or where to get one.  I have measurements somewhere but I think it was approx 2 inches by 18 inches and was a "see through" decal. 
Please post or PM me if anyone has any further info as I would like to finish my up correctly.
Also I would like any other close up pictures of the lights, and the winch you have on that one.  Did you end up re-wiring your trailers?  Was that hard running the wire?
Thanks!

Justin, check with Corey at FS Decals and Graphics. He may possibly have them or could make them. His e-mail: daysnight@mac.com 
Good luck..........

randy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 7:52am
mine has a hyd jack under the hitch, not quite sure what its for, mine is painted gray with ac decals on it.
CA WD WD45 D17 D17 Diesel 7060 8050 8070
Jay IN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay IN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 8:05am
Well, the trailers look real nice. NOW lets see some pics of the Terra Tigers! I have wanted one of them since I was a kid and that was 40 years ago. Couldnt afford one then and probably cant afford one now. BUT WE ALL WOULD STILL LIKE TO SEE SOME PICTURES !!

Edited by Jay IN - 24 Jan 2010 at 8:06am
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think--- "who's the idiot that owns this place?"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 8:10am
Marks trailers are lawn and garden trailers. Terra tiger trailers are wider, shorter and square on both ends,  rotate 90 degrees and tilt to load and unload them. They were yellow also. We have 11 or 12 Terra tigers at this time. If you need any info or parts for them let us know.

5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   
dustinmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustinmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 2:44pm
what are one of these trailers worth?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 3:26pm
No Idea, but if you know of one for sale or find one, we'll pay you a finders fee if we get it brought! There are a couple different models of them also!
D-17_Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-17_Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 3:34pm
Haven't looked to see what model it is but I just gave 500.00 for my Snowco trailer this past year. It's been used well and has had some refabrication done on it but it's in good shape and very restoreable. I've been looking for one for years and they aren't real many of them in the south east. I had a few bucks in the tractor fund whan I found it so I jumped on it.
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark in KY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 7:51pm
Jeff,  Thanks for posting a picture of the terra tiger trailer, neat outfit.   Also enjoyed pics of your terra tigers.
Jay,   here is a picture of my terra tigers,all tucked away for a long winters nap.
BJ famfrm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJ famfrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 2:48pm
I have a trailer for a terra tiger. I bought it new in 1963. I sold my tiger but have been using it for my Max 6 wheeler. I would take $1,000.00 for the trailer. Thanks Bob
BJ famfrm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJ famfrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 12:49pm
My wife tells me that i am about 10 years off in the time i got the terra tiger trailer more like "1973". Sorry . Bob
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 2:03pm
Would like to buy your Terra Tiger trailer! I PM'd you also. Hope to hear from you soon.

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justin Widlund (IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 8:09pm
To BJ Farmer and whomever else might have a Terra Tiger Trailer:

I would like to invite you to the Gathering of the Orange in Albert City Iowa This August.  Since these are fairly rare there is quite a bit of interest in these and it would be a great addition to the show so everyone can learn a little more about them (bring the Terra Tiger(s) too!)  
www.albertcitythreshermen.com
Let me know if you would like any more details.  Again, I would like to get one of these at the show.

BJ famfrm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJ famfrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 9:22am
Hi: I haven't heard from you on the tiger trailer? Would like to get the deposit for the trailer. I have some other people with interst in buying it also. Thanks Bob Jones 309-945-5382
Lance/SC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lance/SC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 9:55am
BJ you had me going on that date.  I transferred into Columbia, SC with Mclean Trucking Co. in 1968 and I remember when the plant opened up in Lexington.  The Terra Tigers ,when crated for shipping, were a nightmare to move from trailer to trailer due to the width of the crate.  I will admit, I was a happy camper when they announced they were going to stop building them and go to making lawn mowers etc....The building is still there but the pine trees have grown to just about hide it from I-20. I have wondered who owns it as to my knowledge no manufacturing of any kind was ever done after AC moved out of it.  Gruman aircraft used it as a storage facility at one time and would ocassionally ship out something.  I recall the AC logo was on a corner of the building that faced the interstate and was still there until the trees blocked it from view.
BJ famfrm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJ famfrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 1:14pm
Hi:   Alot of great times were had with the "TIGER" We wound up raceing them . My wife won the "Powder Puff " Illinois state ATV Championship with the tiger."WE WERE A LITTLE BIT YOUNGER THEN. Thanks for the interest.   BJ FAMFRM
texastim View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texastim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 1:24pm
I have a snowco trailer that look mostly like this one pictured with a straight tongue.  Which model do i have....946 or the 1146.
Eric[IL] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric[IL] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 3:06pm
The trailer hitch swinging to the side for easy unload is soooo cooool !  Great ideas.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic