This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drones

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drones
    Posted: 24 Feb 2022 at 10:59pm
Anybody have a preference on brands. I want to get a 4 prop unit to take with me on my trip on route 66 this summer. I'd like get 1 to that can take pictures rout west.
Sponsored Links

Dirt Farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2022 at 1:31am
I don't know much about drones but Im curious what part of Rt. 66 are you gonna be traveling on and as many folks take different modes of transportation on the Mother Road, are you driving a tractor or going by car or truck. Living not far off of 66 and farming close to it Ive seen many a bicycle rider, groups and individuals, groups of classic cars, motorcycles, and hikers out packing cross country. I even periodically take one of my ACs out for a drive on 66. I've even given many a bicycler or hiker a ride to shelter during inclimate weather. Its always interesting to hear about what they have encountered on their journey and what things are like in the areas they call home.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2022 at 5:27am
I have a neighbor who is a realtor. They drone a lot of remote property that’s hard to get to.
They wear one out ever so often.
I’ll see what he says?
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2022 at 8:46pm
Around here they get shot down if over private property.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2022 at 11:23pm
Driving a car or my white pickup. I'm not yet 100 % sure where I'm gonna wind up on the route. Probably start at St Louie and head west. I'm sorta disappointed in this guide book. Its about 1/2 the size it looked on Amazon. Like I've been saying the car seats have somehow gotten smaller over the years. I'm looking for a Impala or something big enough I can travel comfortable in.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 12:01am
take the truck!
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 9:00am
I always had an interest in those and checked the price a few years ago. Changed my mind because I tried to fly RC planes. I destroyed a several. Had a divot in my shed roof from a 100mph nose dive. That was a WOW moment.

Just looked and found a possible idiot proof one with an option of 2 for $159. Has a camera and all that. Got 2 because I know what I am capable of. WTH why not. Don't expect much but the ratings were good, spent a hell of a lot more on RC planes. I still have on in the basement I spent 3 months building and am afraid to fly it.

bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 9:22am
Originally posted by AllisFreak MN AllisFreak MN wrote:

Around here they get shot down if over private property.

You realize that shooting them down is a felony, and you can do serious jail time for doing so.
bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 9:26am
I have the DJI Mini, Mavic 2, and have the Mavic 3 on order.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 10:43am
Big money. Wow
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 2:29pm
  Shameless is back.  Good to see you
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 11:10pm
Guys thanks for the replies. I'll probably not be able to find this post or remember the names. I'm gonna order 1 after I pay the dang taxes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic