This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Other Forums

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry in NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Other Forums
    Posted: 06 May 2020 at 12:21pm
A while back I joined a couple of the FaceBook Allis groups.  I am sure that some of you are also members of those groups.  FaceBook really draws a different category of people.  When a question is posted on this forum, you get people who know what they are talking about offering advice.  On the Facebook groups you get a lot of people that just don't know anything, but have to put in their two cents worth.   I just want to compliment the members of the Allis Chalmers forum on their professional behavior and their desire to help answer questions that they really know the answers to.     
Sponsored Links

HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 12:27pm
that is one of the reasons why i dont have facebook or the other socal media stuff,  this forum and on other is it for me  their are alot of poeple on this forum that i would like just follow around for a day and maybe learn somthing
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 6:22pm
I agree, Facebook is a much different environment and you get a lot of "sideline" participants. The people who are on here are much more dedicated to Allis and specifically want to be on this site. You don't come here by accident.
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 2:00pm
I visit a TRUCK page quite often... Seems like 90% of the answers are from young kids that just want to shoot their mouth off..... "MY CHEBY, MY FORD"......they dont have much to add, but do anyway... It is amazing the amount of BAD info that is posted.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Mosin9130 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mosin9130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 2:23pm
I agree...there’s only 3 forums I peruse each day:

Allis Forum
IH8MUD 
Bogleheads 

Not on Facebook and never plan to!
'56 WD 45...'63 D15 II...'66 D17 IV
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 5:53pm
I think this is the best forum, on  the net, most people are helpful and kind.  If you wanna be unkind, we gots the practically unmoderated free speech zone, known as the politics section. It acts as a kind of safety valve, that keeps the arguments down, in the other sections!Wink

Someone from the politics section, even makes an appearance, at about the 3 minute mark, in this video, see if you can spot er him!WinkWink

[TUBE]-Fulz4ytZ54[/TUBE]

Edited by DiyDave - 07 May 2020 at 5:54pm
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 5:57pm
I as DD post on a HE page where there is NO Politics to speak of. I avoid the Faceplant stuff as not worth my time. Will post a strong sentiment I hold on SOME faceplant topics that come from my friends or ex-coworkers but avoid the rest like a plague.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 7:43am
I've noticed the same thing, especially when it comes to tire repair. I sure hope a lot of those people have millions of dollars in liability insurance. The folks on here are the greatest.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 4:32pm
Well said Tom and others. Thumbs Up
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 6:19pm

I think your all a bunch of deranged, comical, intelligent, loving people, but thats just my humble opinion. Wink

Edited by chaskaduo - 10 May 2020 at 6:44am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 12:10am
don't fergits them "misfits"!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 6:43am
Yes we love you to Shammers. Heart Wink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 1:34pm
On FB ya gotta pick your friends,---on the groups on there its fair game no lifeguard on duty. -----  ask them a simple question and watch them wiggle.
We still are open for good members on Machine Builders Network.com ----a friendly place to be, no ads ever, and you all are welcome to join! Thanks!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic