This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 170 at the show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 170 at the show
    Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 8:14pm
My wife took a few photos today at the Crown Point Indiana power show (thanks Char!), She must have thought I looked better from the back (I'll have to see what She got on the 35mm).  Not as many tractors there as I thought there would be.  There was an early 190XT Diesel with Snap-Coupler.

Edited by Claus - 13 Jul 2010 at 8:03pm
Sponsored Links

Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 10:48pm
Thanks for the pictures! Nice looking 170 - just looks powerful sitting still. Enjoy.
WC, CA, D14, WD45
Steve M C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 11:11pm
She was busy talking to her girlfriends."Oh there he goes!I'm supposed to take some pictures!" LOL!!
Eric[IL] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric[IL] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 7:18am

Chrome stack... front wishbone axle... front hydrualic pump.... front weights....racing pinstripes.... & a comfortable highback seat - great 197_ features!!  They are comfortable tractors!  Which loader mounts up to it?

Claus View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 8:24am
Thanks Eric, it's a 1973.  I have a 517 loader for it.  My Dad bought the tractor in 1999 off of a horse farm in Michigan, I bought it from him in 2006.  Today the tractor has 2000 hours on it, the cream and the loader have been repainted but the tractor has not.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 8:50am
Nice looking "170" you have there!
Don
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Steve Stanley View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 7:53pm
Saw a 170 for sale on side of the road - but not as nice looking as yours.
BTW - where would the serial # of a 170 be located?
7020, D17-IV gas, D21-I, white top rotobaler, Oxnard blade
Claus View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 12:00am
Thanks for the compliments.  The serial number is located on the bell-housing on the left side of the tractor, same as a D17.  Hope this helps.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic