This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC-C plow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC-C plow
    Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 9:30pm
Does anyone have a drawing or something of all the items needed to connect the original 1 bottom plow to a C tractor?
Sponsored Links

Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 7:32am
I have everything but its off the tractor and in a pile. It's also for sale if you have interest. Sorry but I dont have any pictures that wil do you any good.  You should probably purchase a manual, last one I saw on Ebay went for near nothing or check with some of the site sponsors.
CJohnS MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJohnS MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 7:54am
Originally posted by R&R R&R wrote:

Does anyone have a drawing or something of all the items needed to connect the original 1 bottom plow to a C tractor?

Closeup of one on a "B":

Dave Richards (WV) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Richards (WV) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 8:20am
Maybe this is a question for Bill Long.  I noticed long ago, that the plow hookup for the hand brake B was different from that for foot brakes.  Reason, on the hand brake version, the seat sits about five inches lower.  Must be the length of the lift arms.  I bought a B plow for the lower rock shaft and put it on my newer B.  Plow would only scratch the dirt.  This BB was not available then,but I found a picture in Wendell and made the shorter rock shaft brackets.  Plowed great.  Later, I obtained a set of original brackets.  (Thanks to Gary Burnett)  So now that I have a "rare" and very needy hand brake C.  Should it have the lower rock shaft brackets also ???
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 9:32am
The C Plow Dealer Parts manual is the best place to see what you are trying to figure out. They shuffled things around on the early B's and the early C's before settling down at about 1942. My memory escapes me right now (CRS), but if you have the book, it only takes a quick look to find what you are looking for.
Dana Hobson View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dana Hobson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 2:28pm
CJohnS MI

I think that is my B and my WD-45 next to it.  Where did you take that picture?  It looks like the K-O show in Winfield Kansas, maybe 2008? 

Thanks for posting it.

Dana Hobson, Perry, OK
Dana Hobson

Perry, OK

B,WD-45,D-10,D-12,D-14,D-15,D-17,D-19,D-21,200,7060, HD11E,Gleaner L2
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 2:39pm
The one bottoms I have used just took a clevis on the drawbar and a rope to the back of the seat and you were ready to plow. Much easier to hook up.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
CJohnS MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJohnS MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Dana Hobson Dana Hobson wrote:

CJohnS MI

I think that is my B and my WD-45 next to it.  Where did you take that picture?  It looks like the K-O show in Winfield Kansas, maybe 2008? 

Thanks for posting it.

Dana Hobson, Perry, OK

Dana, not my pic. Yes it is the K & O show.

Proper attribution: http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG68.html

PS: I have tractor envy...

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 3:02pm
Dana, So who is this?

http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Dana Hobson View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dana Hobson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 3:04pm
Charlie:
I think that is Bobby Saile. A retired farmer from Baldwin City, KS that got me hooked on AC.
Dana Hobson

Perry, OK

B,WD-45,D-10,D-12,D-14,D-15,D-17,D-19,D-21,200,7060, HD11E,Gleaner L2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic