This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD / WD45 I&T shop manual question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbuttre835 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD / WD45 I&T shop manual question
    Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 8:39pm

Hi all

My dad was looking at an I&T manual for the WD / WD45 (and othes) at the local TSC the other day - the only one on the shelf that was sealed up.  Rest were open and had been thumbed through. 

Anyways, he asked if he could open it and look to see if it had info on how to take the slack out of the steering box; rather than spend the 35 bucks on it "blind" and take it home to find it does not have what he needed in it.  He got told "if you look in it you bought it". 

Anybody have one of these?  If so, does it have good steering box info (for wide and narrow fronts)?

TIA....
C w/ 3rd gear out

D15 II factory 3 point

WD (no motor!)(parts for sale!)

WD 45 wide front
Sponsored Links

Steve M C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 12:14am
Can't answer your question now but I'll try to remember to look tomorrow.The one I have seems to be quite vauge on a lot of things.Not much of a manual in my opinion.If such a publication is still available through AGCO,that's where I'd buy. 
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 6:23am
The IT books are good to get you in there and leave you high and dry. They do make a good fire starter. lol
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 7:31am
yes its on page 6 paragraph 2A & 2B,
Basicly shim to .001 to .002 end play.
with drawings.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic