This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

59 years ago…

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 59 years ago…
    Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 10:16pm
Most everyone my age remembers where they were and what they were doing…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6PXORQE5-CY
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 5:01am
Was at our Grandparents at Lake Ozark as the news came down, Grandmother cried, Dad and Grandpa went outside drinking whiskey cursing the killer.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 5:39am
I was on the second floor of the Old Main building at Southern Illinois University.
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 5:54am
I was in study hall in high school 10th grade I think.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 8:07am
I was only 2 yrs old at the time.
What is amazing, the amount of money that has spent trying to convince the American people, they didn’t see what they saw. Truly a dark day for this country.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 8:40am
grade school ........ Principle said over the loud speaker for teachers with a TV to turn on the news.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 10:09am
I was nine months old
Darrel
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by B26240 B26240 wrote:

I was in study hall in high school 10th grade I think.
yep, me too, study hall, except, I think it was 7th grade. they announced it over the PA, some girl giggled (I don't know why, but likely unrelated to the announcement, and Mr Balko, the teacher who drew the short straw to preform study hall monitor went ballistic)
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 4:29pm
May JFK forever rest in peace!   

I have a JFK Silver Dollar resting on the dash of my 715 LBH to remind me of the importance of his presidency.  Shall we never forget!

Respectfully, ~ Orangeman
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 5:09pm
I was in a 2-room schoolhouse with 4 grades in each room. Two teachers. I was in 6th grade. Classmate went home for lunch and when she got back, told the teacher what had happened. Principal called someone to confirm and we all went home.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 7:06pm
This has always intrigued me as this man was clearly meant to be dead leaving Dallas- it was the perfect setup - assinated in broad daylight - in front of so many people -the last shot came from a riffle other that that carrcanna
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 8:03pm
I was in trigonometry class, senior year of high school. JFK wasn't perfect but he was a great president IMHO.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 8:07pm
I had graduated from H.S. in 1960 and was farming/milking cows. And was in the Michigan National Guard, and heard on the radio that our Artillery unit/Battery was to fire a Salute at the State Capital, in Lansing, at Noon and that evening. It was short notice, and I knew that I could not milk cows and help fire the Salute, at the same time. The Commander of our Battery lived only a couple miles away, so I called him,  Corporal should not call an Officer, but time was very short, so I called him, and noon.
 I went into our Battery in Charlotte, helped hook-up our 105mm Cannons to the Duce & 1/2 Ton trucks road to The State Capital in Lansing, helped set-up the Cannons on the Capital Grounds and we fired the Salute, then road in one of the trucks back to Charlotte. We left the Cannons for another crew to Fire the Evening Salute and take the Cannons back to Charlotte and clean them.
 Never got crewed out for calling our Commander directly.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 9:52pm
I was in elementary school and our Teacher Mrs. Howard told us to have a moment of silence for President Kennedy as he had died.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 9:52pm
Was sitting in Mrs. Englehart's 3ed grade class when the school secretary came in crying and announced he had been shot.  We did something then that if you did it now heads would roll.  Our teacher led our class in a prayer.

JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 12:09am
I remember being in the cafeteria at school, must have been 7th grade.  I recall one of my classmates, Joan Martin, saying "I can't believe it!".  After lunch we all, elementary and Jr. High went into the Gym and watched a TV they had moved into the room.  We didn't even know there was a TV in the school.  I think we had to wait for the regular end of the school day to leave unless a parent came by to pick up the kid.  The buses had to run two routes, our school and the other one in the district.  Our neighbors didn't have a TV so they came over to watch the funeral. 
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 8:52am
I was 5 or so watching tv and that announcement came on.
I knew it was bad because my mom was crying.
Remember watching the funeral procession and the horse with the 
boot in backwards. Several days and no cartoons. 

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 9:35am
 Yeah, like most people all over the world, that remember what and where they were when it happened, What has pizzed me off all these years is that after several "INVESTIGATIONS",,,,Americans were told that "All The Facts" would be released in 50 years,,,,i think they really meant 500 years,,,,,Wink
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 9:44am
Was in the 10th grade, we had open noon hour, was in downtown small cafe, radio was on, maybe 5 people in there, back at school most rooms had a radio playing.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 1:46pm
Theres a reason the facts werent released- everyone has to be dead for  multiple generations for that to happen - theres reasons for that!!!

Edited by DougG - 25 Nov 2022 at 1:47pm
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 1:57pm
I was in country school, one of the school board members came and locked down the school! we was still inside.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 2:27pm
I was 3rd grade one room country school, only 5 of us.  School had not started out here yet.  The teacher pick me and one other up in her car and took us the 2 miles to school. This morning she came into the house and talked to dad who was on the board. They made a few calls, no school that day.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 2:53pm
I was at work and didn't hear about it till after work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic